Alternate Locations: Greensboro, NC (North Carolina); Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
This role will be responsible for analyzing and reporting of the general account fixed income portfolio and supporting managers in their day-to-day management of the fixed income portfolio. S/He will also participate in the preparation of committee level communication and presentations. Performs and delivers on routine assignments/projects while simultaneously leveraging and applying knowledge of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides support in daily management and oversight of assigned fixed income portfolios manual and automated reports.
- Generates reports and analyzes model scenarios to support internal and external stakeholders’ decision making.
- Ensures data integrity by checking the report contents against reference data such as client reports or accounting reports.
- Monitors investment guidelines and investment strategies to discern and communicate valuable information to Portfolio Managers.
- Communicates routinely with Portfolio Managers and business leaders on capital market conditions, portfolio characteristics.
- Checks the data before reports are run to make sure there are no gaps or errors in the data; develop procedures for increased automation of data quality assurance.
- Prepares Powerpoint presentations for analysis findings and recommendations
- Promotes and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and communicates to management process improvements that reduce workloads or improve quality for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Develops and enhances reporting and analyzes results of the fixed income portfolios
- Writes and edits a broad range of communications and presentations for internal audiences
Including but not limited to Investment Committees, Board of Director Committee presentations, quarterly business reviews, and ad-hoc investment reports.
- Researches and analyzes investment information to enhance communication across the company
- Serves as a resource to team members on assignments and projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Requirements
- Undergraduate degree or 4+ years of comparable work experience.
- 1-3 years of experience in investments, portfolio analysis or investment research that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position.
- Knowledge of fixed income security and market analysis.
- Knowledge of asset allocation, fixed income asset classes, equity ,markets and alternative investments.
- Knowledge of investment research and analytic tools.
- Apply concepts such as probability, statistics, modeling, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions.
- Works with mathematical concepts such as averages and/or variances.
- Ability to analyze information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or solution.
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Evaluate trends in data or information.
- Demonstrates the ability to use sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrates solid project management skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). #LI-AE!
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
Posted / Updated: