Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast is seeking a Software Engineer to join our Engineering team in Austin, TX. This group is responsible for ensuring the timely development, testing, and release of the new Xfinity Home platform with a high degree of quality that exceeds customer expectations.
In this role you will collaborate with other developers, designers, testers, and product managers to develop features for the Xfinity Home and Digital Home platforms. The primary responsibilities will include developing middleware and/or micro-services for the Xfinity Home platform. You must be able to pick up new languages and technologies quickly, be a strong team player, and rapidly adapt to changing business and customer demands. The ideal candidate will have experience building and testing Web Services. Job duties include a balance between development and fast-paced critical thinking, communication, troubleshooting and problem solving.
- 3+ years experience building Java-based web services and web applications
- Knowledge of Java and Python
- Experience building and consuming RESTful web services
- Fundamental understanding of the HTTP protocol
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS:
- Knowledge in several of: Amazon Web Services, Azure, Cassandra, Storm
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- Knowledge of source control systems (GitHubEnterprise)
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Deployment tools (Jenkins)
- Familiarity with cloud computing (S3, SQS, Hadoop...)
- UNIX background (Solaris/Linux)
- DevOps experience
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
Our Engineers are passionate about teamwork, developing our skills, and creating awesome experiences for customers. We are fortunate to do what we love, every day. Join us!
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Posted / Updated: