Sterling National Bank is an organization committed to strong growth. Our significant accomplishments are a direct result of continuous hard work by our solid team of dedicated professionals. As we continue to grow and expand across all business sectors we seek talented individuals who can meet our demands for success.
Our competitive advantage is our people who tirelessly work to exceed expectations.
We have something special here at Sterling. We not only offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits we are also characterized by an unwavering commitment to high achievement, we offer a diverse environment hosting a multitude of dedicated, talented and driven individuals who value honesty, integrity and go above and beyond for their clients.
It’s an exciting time to work for Sterling National Bank. If you are looking for a unique employment experience and are driven to achieve in a dynamic growth-minded environment you have come to the right place.
What you will do:
Responsible for assisting in administering and directing daily aspects of the department.
Assist in directing and perform audits of departments and complex business processes, including managing and overseeing several audits at a time. Ensure internal audit work is completed according to departmental procedure and IIA standards. Ensure compliance with the Company's policies and procedures and applicable laws and regulations including Sarbanes/Oxley (SOX) 404 and FDICIA. Review work papers and audit reports to ensure accuracy, audit objectives have been met, internal control systems have been properly assessed, and appropriate conclusions have been reached. Assess relevancy of audit findings, potential exposures and materiality. Identify additional risks not previously considered. Understand business priorities, anticipate issues and obstacles, and incorporate these concepts into risk discussions with department management to ensure and maintain effective and productive relationships with the auditee throughout the engagement. Prepare and present final audit reports to the appropriate department managers to discuss areas of concern and reach agreement on management's commitments and corrective measure to be taken. Assist in follow-up on outstanding issues until appropriate action is taken. Ensure corrective action is appropriate to the issue, such as the establishment of effective mitigating controls to address the risks identified.
- 10+ years managerial experience preferred
- 20 years bank auditing experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, finance or related field preferred
- Professional certification (CIA, CPA) preferred
- Extensive knowledge of banking regulations and procedures
- Extensive knowledge of audit practices and trends, internal controls, risk analysis and data analytics
- Excellent research, analytical, problem-solving, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent decision and project management skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills in order to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet established deadlines
- Excellent management and mentoring skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
Posted / Updated: