THIS POSTING IS FOR SECURITY OFFICER INITIAL TRAINING CLASS SET TO START JANUARY 2, 2018 AT CALVERT CLIFFS NUCLEAR POWER PLANT.
Participates in formal training programs. Must be able to maintain, understand and implement extensive NRC requirements and Federal/State Laws. Acts as a member of an Armed Response Force and evaluates adversarial actions and takes independent actions. Coordinates tactical operations with local law enforcement agencies. Participates in both training and evaluated exercises with Federal, State and Local agencies. Maintains thorough knowledge of plant and plant systems. Responsible for accurate documentation and record keeping, as required by federal and corporate guidelines.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Participates in an initial and yearly formal training program to complete class and field qualifications necessary to be an armed Nuclear Security Officer.
2. Maintains and implements extensive NRC requirements and Federal/State Laws for site protection and protected area access control.
3. Acts as a member of an Armed Response Force with the ability to evaluate adversarial actions and take independent actions up to and including deadly force to prevent nuclear sabotage, protecting the public health and safety.
4. Coordinates tactical operations with local law enforcement agencies implementing integrated response plan and site recovery actions.
5. Participates in both training and evaluated exercises with Federal, State and Local agencies that determine whether both site/corporate actions are adequate and meet license requirements.
6. Maintains thorough knowledge of plant and plant systems to adequately initiate and maintain sites defensive strategy.
7. Responsible for accurate documentation and record keeping, as required by federal and corporate guidelines. Acts as a representative for the Security Section at various plant meetings, as required.
8. May perform other duties as assigned.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent
2. Previous military/police/corrections experience is preferred.
1. Knowledge of federal and state laws regarding the use of deadly force
2. Knowledge of safe shutdown practices at Site
3. Knowledge of locations of plant equipment used to provide for safe shutdown
- Ability to use deadly force if ever required to do so
- Ability to make appropriate decisions with available information
- Ability to master job knowledge during Nuclear Security Officer basic training
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to maintain stable performance under pressure
- Ability to follow procedures
- Ability to maintain alertness at all times
- Visual speed and accuracy
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
1. Indoor and outdoor work as required per security post rotations
2. Exposure to heat, dirt, noise and radiation
3. Rotating shift-work
4. Subject to emergency call-in.
5. Must re-qualify each year per physical agility testing requirements
6. Successful completion of annual testing for State handgun permit
7. Must have a valid drivers’ license
8. Must meet the requirements of Company and NRC psychological, drug, alcohol, and medical testing policies and/or regulations for access to the protected area at Site.
9. Must satisfy NGET training to gain site access
10. Must satisfactorily complete radiation safety training, including respirator qualifications
11. Must satisfactorily complete various tests annually to verify required job knowledge and weapon skills
12. Must be 21 years of age
13. Successful completion of pre-employment Nuclear Security Officer written testing
Posted / Updated: