Part of the Systems, Process and Vendor Performance team, the Performance Excellence, PEx Specialist supports the Performance Lead (US) in the deployment of PEx processes and techniques across the US Procurement function in order to embed and sustain a performance excellence culture within and across the function, resulting in the delivery of continuous improvement, value creation for Customers and the Company and engaged employees.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Through solid expertise of PEx strategies and methodology, provide services to the Global Procurement function – including but not limited to professional facilitation, coaching and mentoring at all levels, advanced training in the Systematic Approach, advanced problem solving and demonstration of best practices –to drive the continuous improvement and effectiveness of the function.
- Ensure that the Performance Excellence Roadmap and Performance Excellence standards (Team Hubs, Work Place Audit, problem solving, etc.) are being effectively deployed and are driving the maturity uplift of capabilities.
- Deliver, as required by the Global Procurement function, Performance Excellence training for all classroom courses (i.e. Practitioner, Operational Leadership, Master classes etc.).
- Understand the customer needs and requirements of the Global Procurement function in order to increase value for the Customer and the Company.
- Build sustainable Performance Excellence behaviours and capability required of team members, supervisors and Band C and D managers through coaching and training up to Skilled level across the whole Performance Excellence Practitioner tools and approaches through mentoring and coaching of individuals.
- Engage team members and managers in Performance Excellence, building their capability so that we embed and sustain a Performance Excellence culture that drives value.
- [As required] manage projects across Global Procurement and occasionally take the lead role for cross functional projects when appropriate.
- Effectively manage multiple stakeholders across the company to ensure smooth process improvement implementations within and beyond functional boundaries to successfully deliver quantified benefits.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Degree level or equivalent.
- Lean six sigma green or black belt - or equivalent
- 3-8 years of practical experience
- A strong understanding of Performance Excellence (or alternative Lean principles) and associated tools and techniques
- The ability to identify complex problems and challenges, analyse the root cause and identify, test and implement appropriate solutions through utilisation of advanced problem solving and lean skills.
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills. Active listener and self-starter. Inquisitive.
- Project Management experience.
- Experience of leading change.
- The ability to build good relationships at all levels across the business, and [as appropriate] mentor, coach and develop others.
This position is one of National Grid’s career path roles which provide for promotional opportunities within and across salary bands as you develop and evolve in the position by gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.
3 to 8 years
Posted / Updated: