The Infrastructure Business Line of Arcadis is currently seeking a Jr. Traffic Engineer to join the team in our Houston, TX or Austin, TX locations.
Position responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Will assist our growing traffic engineering group in Texas in the preparation of engineering reports, studies and analyses in a wide-range of areas including traffic operations, safety, travel demand modeling and transportation planning projects.
- Utilizes basic knowledge and experience with conducting and documenting traffic studies using nationally accepted modeling practice.
- Conducts traffic operational analysis using microscopic simulation software such as VISSIM, Synchro, SimTraffic.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field of study.
- Basic understanding of the use of traffic analysis tools (e.g., VISSIM, CORSIM, Synchro/SimTraffic, and HCS).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well in groups as well as independently
Background/DrugScreenStatement'>Background/Drug Screen Statement Background/Drug Screen Statement' aria-labelledby='lblBackground/DrugScreenStatement' >All candidates for hire in the United States must successfully pass a background check & drug test as a condition of employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification. RequiredDrivingStatement'>Required Driving Statement RequiredDrivingStatement' >This position requires a current valid driver’s license and clean driving record. Preferred Qualifications
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field of study.
- Basic understanding of special applications in VISSIM including ramp metering and managed lanes as well as knowledge of nationally accepted calibration practices.
- Basic understanding of the application of traffic operations principles including ITE, MUTCD, AASHTO, and state DOT requirements, policies, manuals and procedures.
- Basic knowledge of ArcGIS including the ability to map and query data
Posted / Updated: