This job opportunity is no longer available.
This page has been archived for your
reference. You can try to continue to this position on the employer's website
or try a new search. Inquiries related
to this position should be directed to the employer.
Alternate Locations: Concord, NH (New Hampshire); Greensboro, NC (North Carolina); Hartford, CT (Connecticut); Rolling Meadows, IL (Illinois); Work from Home
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About The Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE:LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $222 billion in assets under management as of March 31, 2015.
As a Senior Underwriter, you have the responsibility of underwriting individual life insurance applications up to $5,000,000 on a cross functional underwriting team. In the underwriting capacity you have the responsibility to evaluate risk to determine individual’s insurability adhering to medical & financial underwriting guidelines.
- Evaluate and handle all underwriting aspects of formal & informal life insurance applications.
- Underwrite cases with a graduated amount limit up to $2,000,000 to age 70 with less than 5 years underwriting experience and up to $5,000,000 to age 85 with 5 years or more of underwriting experience.
- Identify trends/issues and offers the best underwriting solutions.
- Provide second signature review & training of less experienced underwriters.
- Work on assigned projects pertaining to underwriting and enterprise initiatives.
- Understanding of sales themes and concepts of varying levels of complexity.
- Understand underwriting policies, guidelines, practices and procedures, and has the ability to influence and champion changes to improve processes while maintaining mortality expectations.
- Responsible for technical underwriting knowledge of the Swiss Re underwriting manual.
- Distil complex medical and financial information and communicate that information in a clear and understandable way to the satisfaction of the end customer.
- Interpret documents such as policies, proposals, claims and financial reports.
- Use Underwriting platform to conduct business.
- Interact with customers to enhance relationships.
- Visit offices and meets with agents when they come to Home Office.
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt and customize content and communication style to fit a variety of specific external and internal target audiences such as: agents, brokers, distribution partners, and all levels of employees.
- Ensure effective communication and collaboration among all stakeholders during implementation
- Coordinates stakeholders to reach decisions and keep time lines on track
- Advises stakeholders involved in underwriting process regarding specific product questions and issues Reads and is familiar with general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and/or governmental regulations.
Compliance Duties and Quality Standards
- Demonstrate dependability, flexibility and sound judgment by adhering to schedules and meeting all productivity, quality and performance standards as well as taking ownership for your actions
- Carry out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines
- Ensure proper guidelines are followed in accordance with company policies, procedures
- Complete all regulatory and job training requirements
- Undergraduate degree or 4+ years of comparable work experience
- Individual Life Underwriting including medical, non-medical and financial risk selection; educational concentration in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field is required.
- 3 - 5 Years of experience with underwriting Individual Life Insurance products that directly aligns with specific responsibilities for this position.
- Expertise in analyzing and interpreting complex financial documents including profit/loss statements, income statements, and balance sheets.
- Expertise in estate growth calculations and life expectancy calculations.
- Intermediate proficiency in: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- A demonstrated track record of working with minimal supervision, being a self-starter and working with others in a team environment
- A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations
- Demonstrate strong implementation skills, problem solving and analytical skills
- Possesses a bias for action and avoids workplace distractions
- Drives performance targets to completion #LI-CA1 #LI-CA1
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Posted / Updated: