Alternate Locations: Hartford, CT (Connecticut)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates.
The Administrative Assistant will provide support for the LFN Compliance Team located in the Hartford office. This individual must be able to effectively manage multiple tasks across teams and show strong flexibility as priorities change. The preferred candidate must demonstrate initiative, independent decision making skills and sound judgment to determine action or approach in non-routine assignments. Excellent oral and written skills and organizational skills are required. Additionally, this position requires an attention to detail and accuracy. The successful candidate must have advanced knowledge of MS Office applications to perform various support duties including preparation of documents, letters, itineraries, agendas, calendars, expense reports, presentations and training. It is important that the individual in this position be comfortable and professional when working with confidential or sensitive information. This individual must also possess a demonstrated ability to interact with a wide range of personnel at all levels.
- Manage calendars, schedule meetings and appointments, coordinate travel arrangements prepare itineraries, plan and coordinate meetings, and prepare travel expense reimbursements.
- Answer and screen incoming telephone calls.
- Sort, review and distribute mail, including highly confidential information and compose and respond to correspondence, including electronic mail, that does not require managers’ attention and identify and forward all correspondence requiring either the managers’ or other personnel’s attention.
- Organize and maintain files to facilitate effective operations.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual budget and track actual to plan expenses and document and explain variances.
- Develop working knowledge of Ariba, Document Management System, Team Connect, and Interwoven.
- Maintain attendance and PTO schedules for managers.
- Order supplies and coordinate routine maintenance and reports for office equipment.
- Make a positive contribution as demonstrated by making suggestions for improvement, implementing efficient processes and procedures, displaying positive and collaborative attitude.
- Carry out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines.
- Comply with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Remain current in profession and industry trends.
- Special projects and additional related duties as assigned by managers.
- Undergraduate degree or 4+ years of comparable work experience required.
- 3-5+ years of administrative or paralegal experience preferably within financial services industry.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general procedures and/or government regulations including regulatory notices, compliance and legal interpretations and guidelines is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and proficiency skills with demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels of LFG while maintaining a pleasant disposition.
- Clear, concise, and effective written, graphical, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Strong active listening skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as policies, proposals, claims and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with highly sensitive information.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), including facility in creating Power Point presentation using prescribed templates, and ability to sort, filter, and use formulas in Excel.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical solutions.
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks while maintaining speed of work and attention to detail without loss to productivity.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong project management and time management skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple tasks in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to find common ground and can gain collaboration among colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- Strong relationship management skills with peers, colleagues, and management.
- Strong interpersonal skills with collaborative style.
- Initiative and sound judgment necessary to determine action or approach in non-routine assignments and projects.
- Demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations.
- Bias for action and avoidance of workplace distractions.
- Ability to drive performance targets to completion.
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
Posted / Updated: