This job opportunity is no longer available.
This page has been archived for your
reference. You can try to continue to this position on the employer's website
or try a new search. Inquiries related
to this position should be directed to the employer.
Amazon Tickets is a start-up business with a vision of becoming Earth’s most customer-centric ticketing company, a place where event-goers can come to find and discover any ticket they might want to buy online. Amazon launched the Tickets business in the UK in 2015 and today offers customers the ability to purchase tickets to music, theater, and comedy events at great prices with a convenient purchase experience and world-class and customer support. As we grow our team to support our rapid expansion we are looking for talented individuals to join us in delighting customers and having some fun along the way.
The Amazon Tickets team is looking for an experienced engineer to help build out the Tickets business offering on Amazon. We are taking our current offering to the next level with a full fledged and rich Ticket experience for our customers. If you’re passionate about building consumer facing technology and stretching your skill-set, then we want to work with you.
Our team is building a new consumer facing web application and numerous backend services to support the Tickets business. Ideally, you should have experience building end-to-end web applications and/or experience building scalable and restful services. You should love learning new technology and be able to do so quickly. Our team builds a wide variety of technologies and systems, a passion for learning and iterating quickly will be important to your success. You'll get exposure to everything from machine learning to mobile app development and you'll have opportunities to explore areas that interest you while you deliver on key features for our customers. Finally, you should be the person who likes to get things done. You think process is a tool, useful when appropriate but not authoritative in its application. While others wait for somebody else to do it, you take action and get creative. You motivate others to charge ahead despite obstacles in the way.
What you can work on with Amazon Tickets:
- Building web applications
- Mobile app development
- Machine Learning models for search, personalization and recommendations
- Customer facing products
- Developing on AWS
- Building highly scalable systems that handle large burst of traffic
- Restful services
- A/B testing of features and designs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years professional experience in software development
- Fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience implementing and consuming large scale web services
- Deep understanding of mobile development and best practicesExperience with accounting, finance, and payment systems
- Fluency in programming languages beyond Java (e.g. Ruby, Python, Scala)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Posted / Updated: