This job opportunity is no longer available.
This page has been archived for your
reference. You can try to continue to this position on the employer's website
or try a new search. Inquiries related
to this position should be directed to the employer.
The main function of this position is to provide technical leadership in design and development of Embedded Software for medical devices in a Real Time Operating System (RTOS) environment.
• Assess and recommend new technologies and processes
• Apply strong working knowledge of design principles that facilitate maintainability, reuse, and clarity of design
• Responsible for leading the development of the next generation surgical instrumentation Embedded Software platform.
• Acts as the technical expert for Embedded Software development. Recommends and leads the implementation of best practices and new approaches.
• Has a major influence on technical approach and strategy
• Research and gather technical requirements for the software platform in close collaboration with various stakeholders.
• Collaborate with Electrical and Systems Engineering to drive product development and technology selection.
• Team player with demonstrated commitment to meeting schedule and project milestones that takes ownership of work
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Serves as a mentor for other engineers
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. As part of the Novartis Group of Companies, Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information
Posted / Updated: