Division: Easterseals Serving Greater Waterbury, Central and Northwest Connecticut
Email: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Under the direction of the Manager, Community Inclusion Program, is responsible for providing direct services to individuals enrolled in the Transitional Services program. The Transitional Services program provides career discovery and career exploration opportunities to individuals in need of developing skills in the pursuit of future employment. Transitional Services assist individuals to prepare for participation in the workforce including acquiring or improvement of life skills necessary to be a successful participant in community based employment. Transitional Services start the day and end the day at the work center but the majority of services take place in community settings. Works closely with Placement Specialists in coordinating community based work experiences for individuals enrolled in program. Ensures that programs meet the vocational habilitation and rehabilitation needs of persons served with an emphasis on person-centered services and the primacy of the individuals served right to self-determination
- Conduct interest inventories and assessments to establish an individual’s career goals.
- Conduct various career exploration activities with program participants including job shadowing, informational interviews and volunteer experiences.
- Conduct various career preparation activities with program participants including resume writing, video portfolio, application assistance, mock interviews, transportation training, and professional image review. Benefit analysis and review to determine impact of future earned wages.
- Financial literacy skill building.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Displays and upholds Easterseals core values of collaboration, respect, caring, excellence and accountability. Consistently demonstrates caring for the community we serve, for one another, and for the organization they are part of, and contributes to building trust, pride and camaraderie.
- Familiar with goal directed, outcome oriented work in a vocational habilitation and rehabilitation environment. Excellent computer skills, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email.
- Excellent problem solving skills. Clear and effective communication skills.
- Display good sound judgement. Work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- This position may be authorized to have access to protected Health Information (PHI) to perform specific job duties.
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, personal vehicle and appropriate insurance
- Asociates Degree in Human Services or related field required. Minimum one (1) year of experience in Social Services required. Experience in a Vocational Rehabilitation setting strongly preferred.
At least 1 year(s)
Posted / Updated: