At Getting Hired, we promote diversity and inclusion across the board and are proud to be supporters of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) community.
To support these individuals with learning about inclusive organizations celebrating Pride Month, we've put together some of the top employers that are celebrating this community throughout June.
15 organizations celebrating LGBTQ pride at their organization
- Microsoft has been advocating for LGBTQ rights since 1993, when they became the first Fortune 500 Company to provide same-sex domestic partnership benefits. More impressively, they were one of the first companies to include sexual orientation in their non-discrimination policy.
- IBM also has a history of an inclusive diversity culture celebrating many diverse groups. Learn why they transformed their iconic 8-bar logo to one inspired by rainbow flag.
- Facebook began its Pride Month celebration by launching cool LGBTQ-themed features on their platform. The best part: these new features won’t be vanishing at the end of pride month like last year’s.
- YouTube created a video that celebrates the LGBTQ voices that shape our world – past, present and future. It’s very impactful and well done! #ProudToCreate
- Charles Schwab announced that since 2004, they have received 100% rating on the Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and this rating supports their dedication to continuously foster LGBTQ equality. They also highlighted an employee who leads their Austin Pride Employee Resource Group.
- AT&T has been a longtime supporter with their impactful employee video from 2017, they topped it this year with announcing a $1 million donation to the Trevor Project, the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to LGBTQ young people!
- Disney who has been increasing its representation of the LGBTQ community in television and film, released rainbow-colored Mickey Mouse ears for sale at their U.S. theme parks to support Pride Month.
- Chevron’s CEO Mike Wirth raised the Pride flag on June 1st, reinforcing the Chevron Way and how they value diversity and inclusion at their organization.
- Comcast kicked off their support this year with a #SayPride campaign highlighting what Pride means to their employees. They also announced Xfinity customers can access a dedicated LGBTQ Film & TV destination on X1 by saying “Pride” into the X1 voice remotes!
- CA Technologies has been supporting pride by sharing testimonials from their employees on why the culture at CA Technologies is inclusive and allows them to #BringWhatYouBring.
- Fannie Mae created a video highlighting what it means to be an ally for the LGBTQ community.
- 84 Lumber for the second consecutive year will be supporting their local community & participating as a sponsor in Pittsburgh Pride.
- The MLB is showing their support with 24 major league baseball teams hosting LGBTQ Pride nights.
- H&M along with many clothing lines launched a clothing collection for Pride Month.
- Adidas & Nike both stepped up with Adidas releasing four brightly colored kicks for Pride Month as well as Nike who unveiled their 2018 ‘Be True’ for equality collection.
There’s still time to get involved!
- Pride Month continues throughout June! Take a team picture wearing the iconic rainbow colors and promote on your company social media channels with the hashtag #PrideMonth & #PrideMonth2018. Tag @gettinghired on Twitter for retweet!
- LGBTQ History Month takes place in October! Reading this blog after June? No problem! LGBTQ History Month takes place in October. This recognition month was founded in 1994 observing the history of the gay rights and civil rights movements. Start planning your campaigns now, contact our team if you need some tips!
- National Coming Out Day is on October 11th! It's an annual LGBTQ awareness day that places an emphasis on one of the most basic forms of activism, highlighting the act of 'coming out' to friends, family and colleagues, and living life as an openly gay individual. Simply recognizing this day on social media, goes a long way.
To learn more about Getting Hired and why celebrating LGBTQ awareness month is important to our team, read our Director, Jill’s, diversity and inclusion spotlight here.