Every year Disability:IN (previously USBLN) and the American Association of People with Disabilities provides a confidential opportunity for their employer partners to receive an objective score on how their organization is supporting disability inclusion through their policies and practices. The score highlights employers who are supporting disability and inclusion at their business.
At Getting Hired, we are proud that 23 of our inclusive employer partners received an 80% or higher on their Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion list in 2018. Below, job seekers with disabilities can learn about our employers who made the list and see current job opportunities at their businesses!
Getting Hired Employers who scored 100% on the Disability Equality Index
1. Bank of America is an inclusive employer because at Bank of America, diversity is core to who they are and how they operate — it’s part of their DNA.
2. BMO Harris Bank is an inclusive employer with career opportunities for individuals and veterans with disabilities in Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Kansas, Missouri, Minnesota, Arizona and Florida.
3. Booz Allen Hamilton is an inclusive employer who believes no matter how you identify, you’ll have space to do—and be—your best at Booz Allen.
4. Comcast NBC Universal is an inclusive employer that recognizes, celebrates and supports diversity and inclusion, which is at the very heart of their culture.
5. DuPont is an inclusive employer who believes that global excellence is best achieved by reflecting a global diversity in their employees.
6. Facebook is an inclusive employer who is passionate about giving people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
7. General Motors is an inclusive employer as they cultivate an environment of inclusion where all voices are heard, no matter one’s identity, background or ideology.
8. GlaxoSmithKline is an inclusive employer whose mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
9. Highmark Health is an inclusive employer who is committed to interviewing at least one diverse candidate for any open position at the director level and above.
10. Lincoln Financial Group is an inclusive employer whose employees are empowered to innovate and execute beyond the status quo, enabling their organization to grow.
11. Lockheed Martin is an inclusive employer who believes that by leveraging their employees' unique talents and experiences, they can deliver innovative, affordable solutions and unparalleled customer value.
12. Microsoft is an inclusive employer whose mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
13. Pacific Gas & Electric is an inclusive employer as they are an integral part of the thousands of diverse communities they serve.
14. Procter & Gamble is an inclusive employer where diversity and inclusion is deeply rooted in their company’s purpose, values and principles.
15. T-Mobile is an inclusive employer who believes their employees make a difference by solving challenges creatively and working effectively to inspire personal and professional growth.
16. TD Bank N.A. is an inclusive employer who believes the true essence of diversity and inclusion is providing a safe and productive environment where every individual feels comfortable bringing their whole selves to work.
17. The Walt Disney Company is an inclusive employer who believes that having a diverse workforce that blends people of all ages, experiences, backgrounds, ethnic groups and sexual orientations is critical to their business.
18. Walgreens is an inclusive employer who is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
1. Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. is an inclusive employer who believes having a diverse team of employees and an inclusive culture is vital for innovation and successfully executing their BioPharma business strategy.
2. DXC Technology is an inclusive employer who knows that their success is directly linked to the many backgrounds, experiences, and talents of their people.
3. MetLife is an inclusive employer who knows unique experiences and fresh perspectives their employees bring to the workplace allow them to have a competitive edge wherever they do business around the globe.
Getting Hired Employers who scored 80% on the Disability Equality Index
1. Amazon is an inclusive employer as they strive to create a sense of community among employees of various backgrounds in order to foster engagement and innovation.
2. W.W. Grainger is an inclusive employer who offers employees the stability of an established industry leader, along with the chance to learn, grow, advance and make a difference.
For more information about the DEI survey questions or a complete list of the 2018 Disability Equality Index Best Places to Work scores you can find them here. In the meantime, check out Getting Hired’s Twitter feed as we’ve been congratulating all of the employers who scored well on the Disability Equality Index report! From the entire Getting Hired team, congratulations to all!