Getting Hired is excited to host our annual multi-employer Online Career Fair exclusively for job seekers with disabilities on October 3, 2018 from 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM EST.
This career fair will have over 20 inclusive employer partners and over 500 job seekers with disabilities participating during the three hour online networking event.
In April, we shared the top five tips for job seekers to make a good impression for a successful online career fair interview. Here’s a recap:
1. Do your research: Take the time to learn about the companies you’re interested in interviewing with. Review their website, social media channels and current job openings.
2. Update your resume: Make sure your resume is relevant to the roles you are applying for by highlighting your relevant skills pertaining to the positions you’re interested in.
3. Create a reminder: Ensure you login to the event on time. Setting a calendar reminder will help you make the most of this opportunity to connect with as many recruiters as possible.
4. Prepare an introduction and questions: The event is text-based chats, so save yourself time with pre-drafted questions, which you can easily cut and paste during your chat to reduce typing. Ask about the company culture, accommodations, benefits and their hiring process.
5. Dress to impress: While recruiters will not be able to see you, dressing as if you are attending a face-to-face interview will boost your confidence and put you in the right mindset for the interviews.
“It was a great experience for me. I made contact with companies that I would never have considered on my own.” – Job seeker from the May 2018 Online Career Fair
“I loved the opportunity to speak to different recruiters from various companies across the country.” – Job seeker from the October 2017 Online Career Fair
“I had access to a live person to give me real time updates about a position. This was invaluable to me because logging into My Jobs page provides very little insight into my application status. This chat event transformed these employers from huge, unresponsive giants to a friendly neighbor.” – Job seeker from the May 2018 Online Career Fair
1. Register – Create an account and complete the registration form
2. Explore – View information about participating organizations and career opportunities
3. Attend – Log in and join the chat from any device
4. Chat – Connect with recruiters for 1-on-1 chats
This event is exclusive for job seekers with disabilities located within the United States. For eligible job seekers, register here today!
Sponsoring Employer Partners on October 3rd, 2018: