Cybersecurity manager, Network Security Engineering
Manager, Network Security Engineering (Retail and Remote Connectivity)
Location: Moorestown NJ, Philadelphia PA, West Chester PA.
Can you... work together with a dynamic team of engineers and leaders to accomplish large-scale projects?
Are you... interested in securing Retail Networks and delivering cutting edge remote network connectivity while driving zero-trust security at Comcast?
Do you... have a passion for expansive Remote and Retail type network connectivity, Visibility and Security?
If yes, we want to hear from you!
In this role
You will be part of the Enterprise Security Engineering team at Comcast. This role will responsible for Remote Network Connectivity, Visibility and multifaceted Protection capabilities. You will lead a team of advanced engineers responsible for architecting, engineering and implementing a variety of remote network connectivity solutions for the Comcast enterprise users, third-party connectivity, Xfinity Store networks and much more.
You will work with the team to assess the current connectivity requirements, couple those requirements with appropriate authentications and the latest zero-trust capabilities. The person in this role will continually evaluate supporting technologies for feature and functionality, as a comparative to current security technologies. Delivering insights supporting at-a-glance 'live' connectivity, along with a comprehensive status around current/planned features and longer-term roadmap items will be important for overall operationalization, executive visibility and budgeting.
What you will do
- Oversee Security Threat Engineering (STE) team members responsible for architecting, engineering and fully operationalizing the companies remote and retail connectivity.
- Team consists of direct reports and indirect reports (including FTE employees, contract and MSS staff, external service providers and key technology partners and vendors). This includes hiring, training, staff development, performance management, on-call and crisis/incident support.
- Develop and manage information security budget forecast, expense, and technology, service and vendor roadmaps.
- Work directly with business units and Partner organizations to facilitate Engineering demands, feature/functionality requests and delivery of new products, services and technology.
- Ensure compliance with risk management objectives and guidelines, and work with stakeholders throughout the Comcast business units to, mitigate identified vulnerabilities.
- Full life-cycle support for critical network security technology from ideation and strategic planning through retirement and decommissioning for all engineering and operational needs.
- Perform all required maintenance, support, administration and break/fix remediation, including root cause analysis, availability and capacity reporting, and routing health and performance monitoring.
- Sustain high-availability service levels and ensure fulfillment of business-wide service levels and operational support objectives.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operational performance, streamline work processes, work cooperatively with other engineering teams, and provide quality seamless customer service.
- Implement processes and solutions that focus on the Business objectives and Customer experience.
What you should possess
- Experience with large implementations of Enterprise Security solutions including network architecture, packet brokers, taps, network-based security appliances, retail network connectivity, commercial offerings, remote access networks, third-party connectivity, defense mechanisms and more...
- Experience with development and regular preparation of management status and key metrics reports inclusive of insights
- Should have strong process and procedure ownership experience for audit and control systems
- Ability to translate cyber security threats from a technical perspective to business-line understanding and execution
- Ability to manage extremely technical staff working on sensitive subject areas and with sensitive information
- High level of personal integrity, with the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and exudes the appropriate level of judgment and maturity
- Must be able to support on-call, escalation and high-paced/ fast tempo operating environments
What you can expect
- A cool and casual work environment with chances to showcase your skills
- A culture of innovation and continuous learning
- Training, support, and mentoring to expand and evolve your expertise
- Opportunities to impact the security of the Comcast Enterprise and impact the user experience
What we require
- Possess a Bachelor's degree or higher in the field of engineering, computer science or equivalent advance technology field of study, or equivalent experience
- 10+ Years of Information Security experience
- 5+ Years of Technology Leadership and Management experience
- Relevant cyber security certifications, such as CISSP, CISM and/or PMP are desired
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Up to 20%, ability to travel within the Comcast geographic areas, primarily West Chester PA, Philadelphia PA and Moorestown NJ
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer