Process Engineer II
Job Description Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship or Permanent Resident status. BAE Systems is looking for a Process Engineer for their Nashua, NH. In this role you will perform the following tasks.
- Provide Process Engineering floor support, guidance, and instruction to operators in support of Circuit Card manufacturing and Module Build.
- Perform manufacturing support activities using technical knowledge of generally used assembly practices ensuring the achievement of performance within cost and schedule requirements.
- Support Preliminary Material Review/Material Review Board (PMR/MRB) for the disposition of discrepant material and determination of root cause/corrective action.
- Perform quality audits of hardware, pFMEA's, First Article Inspections (FAI), monitor defects, and track trends.
- Support/Lead factory continuous improvement activities and projects.
- Perform coaching, training, and qualification for operators.
- Ensure timely disposition of hardware and assure thorough root cause analysis of discrepant materials.
- Create and maintain process documents that will be followed on the factory floor.
- Create and maintain production routes for material moving through the factory.
- Maintain assigned projects and tasks to ensure timely completion of required needs.
- Minimum of a conferred Bachelors degree in a related field, having graduated within the last year or will graduate within the next year.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision and demonstrate leadership necessary to support the manufacturing team.
- Ability to present and clearly communicate data to peers, management, and customers.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Secret clearance preferred, not required
- Lean knowledge (single piece vs batch processing) preferred
- Six Sigma training or projects preferred