Associate, Investment Banking Coverage - Technology
- HSBC established a Technology Investment Banking franchise in the United States in Q1 2018. The group is part of the Investment Banking Coverage department within Global Banking.
- This is an opportunity to join a highly motivated and extremely active team covering wide swaths of the technology industry to deliver a comprehensive suite of investment banking solutions.
Desired Skills and Characteristics
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence and perform to the highest standards, demonstrating the following skills:
- Core banking skills: analytical skills; deep technology industry content; investment banking product knowledge (across fixed income, equity and M&A); transaction process knowledge.
- Communication skills: exhibit professional and personal presence; actively participate in internal and external discussions; present well-developed and delivered narratives to colleagues and clients; demonstrate mastery of verbal / written / listening / non-verbal (body language) communication skills.
- Client / colleague skills: ability to develop meaningful relationships with clients and colleagues; interest in and aptitude for originating new business from clients; viewed as an expert (in terms of investment banking and industry content) by colleagues.
- Initiative and judgment: act proactively; demonstrate common sense; work well as part of a team; constantly seek to further develop existing skills and accumulate new skills.
- Support development of a successful Technology Investment Banking franchise in the United States.
- Assist with coverage of priority corporate and financial sponsor clients.
- Share information, knowledge and ideas to enhance client dialogue and team performance.
- Develop differentiated transaction ideas.
- Contribute to transaction origination and execution.
- Actively participate on deal teams to ensure that transactions are completed both in a timely and effective manner.
- Contribute to the building of a professional, proactive, and performance-driven culture.
- Establish and maintain networks for co-operation with other HSBC businesses, to support the creation of solutions to client needs that span geographical/product boundaries and regulatory environments.
- Understand and ensure compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business in which the jobholder is involved.
- Uphold the highest level of integrity and act as a role model for all HSBC values and business principles.
Employment eligibility to work with HSBC in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
- Relevant investment banking experience.
- Passion for the Investment Banking industry broadly and for the Technology sector specifically.
- Ability to develop high effective working relationships with colleagues and clients alike.
- [Series 7, 63, and 79 FINRA licenses must be active within 120 days of the start date.]
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.