Senior IT Business Systems Analyst
Job Description The Information Technology Business Analyst, reporting to the BAE Systems US Controls IT Business Partner, builds and maintains strong relationships with technology and business stakeholders. Through these relationships they work across the IT organization to ensure the delivery of IT projects and services to the business. This role will review project and daily operations status and budgets, develop and manage schedules, generate project planning documentation, and prepare status reports. The position is accountable for leading ESS-IT operations and project team members to achieve related business objectives, building road maps for improvement initiatives, driving change into the organization, and understanding the linkages and dependencies with other corporate initiatives. Specific responsibilities include:
- Collaborates with business to understand IT requirements and priorities
- Defines and sponsors program and project initiatives for the business
- Participates in development of business strategic planning
- Coordinates with ESS-IT operations and project resources to accomplish assigned work. Interfaces, liaises, and drives change management with Functional areas, business units, customers, contractors and suppliers. Reviews and recommends changes and resolves operational and project-related issues.
- Monitors and manages projects to ensure work scope, schedule, and budget are well defined and maintained.
- Provides technical and operational support to ensure quality assurance standards and requirements are met.
- Advises project stakeholders on status of work. Reports on the progress of assigned projects. Initiates corrective actions to address any issues, as needed.
- Supports alignment of business IT requirements with compliance and policy requirements of customers and the corporation.
- Communicates business needs with appropriate IT solution center to gain alignment between business needs and technical capabilities
- Gathers high-level business requirements and defines scope during initial discovery by conducting meetings/interviews, and facilitating large group/cross-functional sessions with partners
- With the IT Business Partner, leads in the development of business cases requiring IT-based solutions
- Maintains up-to-date awareness of the current and future directions of the industry and associated technologies, and, where appropriate, makes recommendations with the IT Business Partner for implementation of new/upgraded systems and technologies
- Maintains knowledge of multiple business functions and initiatives to identify where conflicts/synergies exist between technologies and business functions
- Assists in the coordination of integration and divestiture activities between the business integration lead, functional process leads, and IT project manager(s) to ensure a smooth transition
- High level of technical understanding and competence across multiple disciplines to be able to analyze situations, and make plans, decisions, and manage competing demands.
- Knowledge of IT industry standard service delivery, operations, processes, standards, tools, and capabilities with a focus on infrastructure and project management.
- Maintains a business driven focus of business operation, performance, and overall experience.
- Experience with budgeting and vendor management.
- Must be able to self-direct and have strong interpersonal skills in order to work in a dynamic environment.
- Must be a positive, flexible, highly motivated, & energetic person
- Demonstrated record of managing internal and external (vendor) stakeholders to deliver technology solutions
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills-able to communicate technology solutions to non-technical stakeholders by focusing on business outcomes and value
- Ability to work across multiple functions / organizations and build trusted working relationships
- Ability to learn and follow processes while also identifying opportunities for process improvement
- Ability to handle conflict and difficult situations
- BS in Business / IT related field
- Previous experience leading a team in a technical environment
More search results
Heavy Equipment Operator II - WM Careers
Heavy Truck Mechanic ** New Competitive Wages ** …
Driver-Non Exp Residential / $5000 Sign on Bonus …
CDL Truck Driver - Commercial - WM Careers
People (HR) Manager-CO/AZ - WM Careers