Medical Director / Senior Medical Director - Rare Disease / Pediatrics
Sr. Medical Director / Medical Director - Rare Disease and Pediatrics (RaPt) REMOTE HOME-BASED in US / Canada
A career at Labcorp Drug Development provides the unique chance to create a lasting impact and difference in our patient's lives. Joining our Rare Disease and Pediatric Team will offer you a rewarding career, an opportunity to work in a high-energy & collaborative workplace, along with access to comprehensive benefits. Your work will be meaningful, the patient outcomes are real, and the results are lasting. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you'll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
Our mission is to help our clients bring the miracles of medicine to market sooner -- join us for your next career move.
Reporting to the Vice President, the primary role of the incumbent will be to provide subject matter and drug development expertise in support of clinical drug development trials in rare diseases as well as pediatric patient populations. He/she will be expected to be a key contributor to the medical strategy and execution of clinical programs. Furthermore, the Medical Director or Sr. Medical Director will play a key role in client relations and business development activities representing Labcorp Drug Development in proposals and industry meeting. This is a remote home-based role supporting global trials.
Trials and or Projects of focus will be relating to: Pediatrics and Rare Disease
Additional key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Participation in pre-award client meetings to discuss capabilities and developmental strategies
Participation in proposal development and bid defenses
Develop, review, and revise protocol
- Advise clients on clinical development strategies
- Develop training materials and provide trainings
- Actively participate and assists in preparations for investigator meetings as needed
- Participate in project risk assessment activities
- Provides clinical and medical expertise in rare diseases and pediatrics to other departments
- Contributes to the scientific strategic leadership in rare diseases and pediatric indications
- MD/DO degree or equivalent
- Relevant sub specialty fellowship training or background rare disease or pediatrics
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- 3 or more years' experience w/ substantial knowledge of drug development and extensive clinical research experience within the pharmaceutical/CRO industry
- 3-5 years rare disease and pediatric experience within academic setting and/or pharmaceutical/CRO industry
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.