Our Story: Labcorp, an S&P 500 company, is a leading global life sciences company that is deeply integrated in guiding patient care, providing comprehensive clinical laboratory and end-to-end drug development services. With a mission to improve health and improve lives, Labcorp delivers world-class diagnostic solutions, brings innovative medicines to patients faster and uses technology to improve the delivery of care. Labcorp reported net revenues of over $10 billion in 2017.
Our Mission:To improve health and improve lives
Our Vision:To strive for operational and service excellence through a relentless focus on People, Process and Clients.
We are currently recruiting for a Costing Manager to be remote based anywhere in the US or Europe.
The ideal candidate would have a strong clinical project management, budget/finance experience within a CRO/Pharma.
- Review RFP scope and specs and initiate the costing process by initial update of the pricing tool and ensure that this is updated and accurate on an ongoing basis during the cost finalization process
- Review, update and adjust the initial system generated default budget independently or after feedback and direction from costing director/s and other stakeholders
- Attend all team meetings during the RFP process like but not limited to- risk assessment for RBM, strategy, pricing specification, pricing delivery or challenge call, senior management call and bid defense preparation
- Lead and deliver the full proposal, ballpark, abbreviated response, letter and/or re-cost estimates by accomplishing the complete RFP process independently or by supporting the assigned Costing Director/s as per triage.
- Deliver individually or under supervision from the Costing Director and manage all delegated aspects of costing compilations for RFP responses and non-compete awarded projects
- If required create and deliver the customized monitoring strategy using the monitoring calculator. Finalize and apply to the costing and if required after review and finalization in consultation with costing director/s
- If required set up and finalize patient grant budgets in the Grant Plan tool for new RFPs based on available Protocol and schedule of events (SoE) and provide for OMT review within timelines. If required Amend and adjust the patient grant and budgets subsequently during re-costing based on revised country site distribution or amended protocol / ( SoE) or specifications from client.
- Review proposed Covance pass through items and costs for new RFPs and request adjustments if required to ensure accurate pass through costs
- Review and respond to queries from vendors during RFP phase, review proposed vendor quotes and request adjustments in consultation with costing director/s if required to ensure accurate vendor costs
- Support writing and review of the assumptions document included in RFP response to ensure accuracy and alignment with the proposed budget
- Coordinate with key stakeholders like resourcing, senior directors, clinical operations, GCTO to ensure timely assignment of project team.
- Update Resource Management Tool for proposed project team for new RFPs and provide it to resourcing team within timelines.
- Negotiate for team assignments with relevant experience and availability after review of the proposed CVs.
- Review and coordinate with pricing to ensure accurate mapping and finalization of client budget grid with Covance WBS codes
- Support and contribute to ongoing updates of country/ region/ client specific costing rules/ algorithms by working in close coordination with the costing director/s, regional and country SMEs and other relevant stakeholders.
- Contribute to the costing director team in any strategic process improvement initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned by management of the Costing Department
Required: University/college degree (Masters and life science preferred) from an appropriately accredited organisation
Preferred: Project Management Qualification such as PMP
- Minimum of 7 (7) years of relevant clinical research experience in a pharmaceutical company or CRO either in clinical operations/ project management or DM/Statistical Programming/ Statistical Analysis / Biometrics
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.