Immunochemistry Lab Supervisor
Labcorp Drug Development is a global, world-leading Life Sciences Contract Research Organisation that provides dedicated and fully comprehensive laboratory testing and drug development services to the pharmaceutical industry.
At Labcorp Drug Development, we offer opportunities to work on diverse, challenging projects with bright, interesting colleagues while building a flexible and rewarding career. We put our trust in science and in one another. This is your chance to become part of a team that helps to bring medicine to market sooner, as Labcorp Drug Development has helped pharmaceutical and biotech companies develop one-third of all prescriptions medicines in the market today.
The Immunochemistry Lab Supervisor is responsible for providing oversight to a team of approximately six to eight Analysts/ Research Assistants. Will be responsible for the conduct and management of selected studies assigned to the Immunochemistry group.
- Lead a group of chemistry professionals through the fast-paced process of developing and
validating ELISA-based immunoassays to be used in the analysis of clinical trial samples.
- Schedules CLIA testing schedule so that sample analysis results are delivered within timelines
- Identifies resource needs and coordinates installation and maintenance of laboratory equipment and space, as applicable.
- Reviews data, as applicable.
- Prepares technical report for clients, as applicable.
- Reviews cost estimates; compiles and provides revenue and forecast information to appropriate Covance staff, as applicable.
- Assures staff compliance to SOPs and other regulatory agency guidelines.
- Develops appropriate training plans and ensures staff are trained.
- Develops expertise in operation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of complex equipment or software.
- Performs general human resources responsibilities, including recruitment activities, performance evaluations, and progressive discipline.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities, recommends solutions, and implements action plans.
- May act as front line contact for internal and external clients.
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- BS/BA degree in Science, or equivalent degree plus 3-4 years related experience. Experience may be substituted for education.
- Knowledge of appropriate regulatory agency guidelines.
- Working knowledge of laboratory operations and an understanding of the technical aspects of the laboratory and/or computers and computer software systems.
- Demonstrates strong organizational and communication skills.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.