Study Tech Trainee - Lab Operations
Do you have a passion for biology? Found high school dissections interesting? Want to begin a career in pharmaceutical research? Not sure college is for you? We've got a great opportunity for the right person....
We have an opening for a Study Technician Trainee in our Pathology Department in Madison, WI. Labcorp Drug Development's work in developing new pharmaceutical solutions has an incredible impact on millions of lives worldwide. Be a part of this life-saving work and help improve patients' lives while growing your career.
In this role, you will learn to setup the areas of necropsy and histology. You may also learn basic duties of necropsy or histology on a variety of laboratory animals in compliance with the appropriate SOPs, GLPs, and regulatory guidelines. Monitors animal health and welfare in compliance with the Animal Health and Welfare Act and help maintain facilities for AAALAC compliance.
This is a full-time, Monday-Friday opportunity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain sample storage areas and logs
- Enter and put away samples in storage locations
- Printing of cassettes, labels, and slides
- May help to prepare stock solutions and set-up study supplies
- Recognizes deviations from expected results and takes appropriate action
- Learns to adapt techniques to new procedures or particular needs as directed
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates teamwork skills and contributes towards a cohesive team environment
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment
Other Duties and Opportunities may include:
- Performs basic duties of necropsy and/or basic duties of histology
- Trim and bag wet tissues
- Embed tissues into paraffin
How you will be rewarded
Working in Madison, WI our Pathology Trainee's:
- Pay rate: $17.50/hr!
- Work primarily 1st shift, with some overtime.
- Enjoy 24 days of personal-time-off (PTO) (pro-rated depending on start date)
- Have access to other great benefits including: educational assistance, paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match and of course medical and dental insurance.
You'll have access to growth opportunities. With the support ofexceptionalpeoplefrom across the globe, you'll be empowered to own your career journey with:
- Formal and informal mentoring opportunities.
- Extensive training and job shadowing opportunities.
- Personalized development planning.
- Exposure to many drug development scientific career paths.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, college courses or associate degree preferred but not required
- Ideal candidate has stable work including a history of being recognized as strong performing as well as taking on additional duties and responsibilities.
- Strong attention to detail as well as history of producing high quality work
- Prior laboratoryand or researchwork experience preferredbut not required
- Passion for learning and developing skills
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.