Study Technician (Research Assistant) Pathology
Do you have dissection experience? Are you interested in Histology? Necropsy? Pathology?
Labcorp Drug Development helps to develop new drugs, medical devices and diagnostics. Your role is vital to improving the health of family, friends and animals.
What you will be doing
As a Research Assistant (Study Technician) you'll apply your scientific curiosity in Biology, Physiology, Neuroscience, Animal Science, Zoology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Microbiology, Immunology or similar majors researching the effectiveness, safety and toxicity of drugs in early development animal research studies.
- At our Madison, WI lab, you will be performing basic necropsy or histology tasks on a variety of laboratory animals in compliance with the appropriate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs) and regulatory guidelines:
- Perform basic duties of necropsy and/ or basic duties of histology.
- Trim wet tissues.
- Embed tissues into paraffin.
- Tissue staining techniques.
- Report all animal care concerns and become involved in the resolution and appropriate corrective action, when necessary.
How you will be rewarded
Working in Madison, WI our Pathology Research Assistants:
- Earn a starting hourly rate of $19.00.
- Work primarily 1st shift, with some overtime.
- Enjoy 24 days of personal-time-off (PTO) (pro-rated depending on start date)
- Have access to other great benefits including: tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match and of course medical and dental insurance.
You'll have access to growth opportunities
With the support ofexceptionalpeoplefrom across the globe, you'll be empowered to own your career journey with:
- Formal and informal mentoring opportunities.
- Extensive training and job shadowing opportunities.
- Personalized development planning.
- Exposure to many drug development scientific career paths.
- Bachelor's Degree in Life Sciences, or Associate Degree in Histology, Laboratory Animals Technology or Veterinary Technology; experience may substitute for education.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates teamwork and leadership skills.
- Data documentation and QC (Quality Control) skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- No professional experience required.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.