Laboratory Scientist III - Immunotoxicology
If you have a passion for science and are an experienced lab professional who enjoys working in a dynamic and fast paced lab, the Laboratory Scientist III position in research will take you to the next level in your career. We have an excellent opportunity for someone to join our Global Immunotoxicology team in Madison, WI.
As a Lab Scientist III, you will provide support to, Safety Assessment, and standalone studies over a wide range of Immunology and Immunotoxicology platforms supporting enhanced solutions based approach to Clients requests. These include sample analysis, data review, metrology, supporting validations and general Laboratory support duties. The jobholder will work closely with, and support, the Scientific Specialist.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organizes and conducts routine and non-routine sample analysis in compliance with applicable methods, protocols, SOPs, and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Documents work and maintains study documentation and laboratory records. Performs QC review of data.
- Sets up, operates and performs routine and non-routine maintenance on general equipment.
- Provides input and participates in project meetings, plans, monitors and guides.
- Learns to assist in setting up and performing method development and validation of various Immunotoxicology assays.
- Reviews equipment logs and ensures they are completed in a timely manner
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Trains less experienced staff in processes, techniques and use of the instrumentation and acts as a mentor
- Recognize and initiate process improvement.
- Participates in client visits and inspections as needed.
- Plans individual workload in coordination with team members.
- Facilitate and Monitor sample analysis, data write up and reporting
- Assists in writing text for methods or protocols.
- Advanced troubleshooting of instrumentation
- Competent in a comprehensive range of I&I procedures
- Reviews and updates SOP's / AP / WD's
Lapcorp Drug Development's work in developing new pharmaceutical solutions has an incredible impact on millions of lives worldwide. Be a part of this life-saving work and help improve patients' lives while growing your career.
We offer excellent training withextensive benefits including medical/dental/vision plans, 24 days of PTO in thefirst year, tuition reimbursement, 401K with 5% matching, employee stock purchase plan and much more!
- Bachelor of Science degree in a related field.
- Experience may be substituted for education.
- 3-5 years of experience in the industry performing ELISA and/or cell based assays, or flow cytometry work.
- F amiliar with the use of standard laboratory equipment.
- Experience with analytical instrumentation
- Previous experience of working to GLP standards
- Basic knowledge of computers and software programs.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.