Senior Business Development Director - Market Access
Labcorp Drug Development, a global contract research organization, has worked on all of the top 50 best-selling drugs available today through its full spectrum of nonclinical, clinical and commercialization services with our clients from leading pharma and agile biotech. Our unique perspectives, built from decades of scientific expertise and precision delivery of the largest volume of drug development data in the world, along with our innovative technology solutions, help our clients identify new approaches and anticipate tomorrow's challenges as they evolve. Together with our clients, Labcorp Drug Development transforms today's healthcare challenges into tomorrow's solutions.
We are a leading global life sciences company that is deeply integrated in guiding patient care, providing comprehensive clinical laboratory and end-to-end drug development services. With a mission to improve health and improve lives, LabCorp delivers world-class diagnostic solutions, brings innovative medicines to patients faster and uses technology to improve the delivery of care.
Labcorp Market Access, a leading provider of Patient Support Solutions, is seeking an experienced Business Development Director. Ideally, this individual will have experience selling or operating patient support services (reimbursement hub, PAP, co-pay, adherence, etc.) to/for large, mid and emerging pharmaceutical clients.
- Achieves annual sales plan and sales targets for assigned accounts through proactive sales activity and networking with assigned potential and existing accounts.
- Establishes nurtures and grows client relationships at the appropriate levels.
- Develops account plans and partnerships with key accounts and strategic partners.
- Provides weekly sales activity reports to management.
- Develops client call cycle to achieve objectives and sales plan; Follows up on leads.
- Provides comprehensive intelligence on key competitors.
- Sells the business unit's capabilities and differentiation frameworks.
- Recognizes and communicates sales opportunities for other business units.
- Sets and manages customer expectations.
- Collaborates with companywide resources to achieve superior customer satisfaction.
- Organizes and hosts client visits.
- Evaluates quotations for territory and provides inputs to ensure client and company requirements are met.
- Uses SFDC to manage internal communication and document territory and client information as required for the business unit.
- Responsible for Opportunity Management and accurate pipeline forecasting.
- Collaborates effectively with sales executives from other Labcorp units to bring potential opportunities to their attention and to identify and win multi-unit projects.
- Assists in determining margins and pricing with Client Services.
- Participates in proposal scope development as appropriate.
- Maintains frequent personal contact with clients.
- Participates in corporate teams to build relationships with key accounts.
- Leads client presentations.
- Identifies specific client needs that can be developed into new opportunities both within the business and for other Labcorp business units.
- Acts as a coach and mentor to BDD's within sphere of influence.
- Proactively shares best practices with broader sales teams and assists in Zone meeting training.
- Analyzes industry sources to identify business opportunities and leverage Labcorp relationships for prospective clients.
- Manages strategic accounts and complex sales
- Coaches staff on interpretation of a RFP/quote/protocol.
- Performs quality control activities for peers and less experienced staff.
- Develops and establishes long-term account plans.
- Leads and negotiates business unit based MSA's and preferred provider agreements.
- Bachelors degree in life science or business field preferred
- Advanced market access industry knowledge
- Demonstrated client retention skills
- Ability to manage difficult client and/or financial situations
- Strong working relationship with internal Labcorp management and site leadership
- Ability to differentiate Labcorp Drug Development from competitors
- Experience developing and executing strategic business plans
- Ability to manage and motivate client facing teams
- Negotiation skills: direct face to face negotiating experience with major clients
- Demonstrated leadership experience in leading and presenting to executives and senior levels of the client organization
- Extensive global collaboration experience
- Highly consultative
- Strong customer orientation
- Demonstrated ability to acquire, grow and retain clients
- Knowledge of the drug development process
- Ability to influence disparate groups and individuals
- Strong financial acumen: delivering business results in a commercial environment; budgeting; financial planning and reporting
- 5+ years sales (or relevant) experience selling services directly to the pharmaceutical and biotech section with direct interaction with mid-level and executive level decision makers
- Strong preference for individual with market access/patient support solutions selling experience
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.