Proposal Manager I
Our Story: LabCorp, an S&P 500 company, is a leading global life sciences company that is deeply integrated in guiding patient care, providing comprehensive clinical laboratory and end-to-end drug development services. With a mission to improve health and improve lives, LabCorp delivers world-class diagnostic solutions, brings innovative medicines to patients faster and uses technology to improve the delivery of care. LabCorp reported net revenues of over $10 billion in 2017.
Our Mission:To improve health and improve lives
Our Vision:To strive for operational and service excellence through a relentless focus on People, Process and Clients.
About the Team:
The Proposal Management department is responsible for providing the client, in great detail, about the services that Covance can offer in the format of proposals, budgets and working in close proximity with the sales and operational teams.
We are currently recruiting for a Proposal Manager I, this is within the Biotech team, this is a remote based role anywhere in the US.
* Owns all aspects of the appropriate proposal process (text, quote, budget, and/or response to Requests for Information [RFIs]) for assigned opportunities (inclusive of managing opportunities under general supervision, establishing clear timelines, meeting client requirement, and suggesting solutions for obstacles)
* May (based on business unit and/or team expectation) be responsible for managing opportunities of low to medium complexity
* May (based on business unit and/or team expectation) support integrated opportunities (i.e., spanning across multiple Business Units)
* Reviews and analyzes RFI and/or Request for Proposal (RFP) documents to ensure adequate information for budget, proposal and/or response preparation is provided. Follows up with appropriate contact for additional information as required.
* Identifies and resolves issues around client enquiry requirements and Covance capabilities with support
* Organizes and facilitates of strategic and operational calls related to the opportunity
* May work across the organization in matrix environment across multiple time-zones and locations to lead the process and complete deliverables
* May liaise with third party vendors/vendor managers for provision of quotations and/or information where required
* Prepares high quality and accurate documents in accordance with agreed strategy and Sponsor requirements and expectations under the pressure of changing timelines
* Supports facilitating internal and external opportunity management negotiations (i.e. pricing, process, resources, timelines, etc.) as needed
* Ensures timely delivery of assigned deliverables
* Is responsible for resolving of issues/challenges and informing Manager; may seek Manager's advice for complex issues/challenges
* Performs timely and accurate data entry into departmental and/or corporate databases/systems as appropriate
* May (based on business unit and/or team expectation) support client-facing and senior management-facing activities surrounding assigned opportunities as needed, including supporting preparation, attendance, or leading applicable preparation and meetings
* Maintains appropriate knowledge of the technical and regulatory environments
* Identifies and participates in ways to improve the efficiency and quality of processes and the resulting deliverables
Bachelor's degree required in related field or equivalent work experience
* Applicable minimum years of experience in budget and/or text development, or an equivalent combination of education and CRO/pharma/other related experience to successfully perform the essential job duties
* Excellent customer service skills, attention to detail and ability to be persistent while maintaining tact
* Demonstrated computer skills - requires excellent MS Office experience (specifically Excel, Word, Outlook)
* Knowledge of proposal management software applications (e.g., Salesforce.com, Qvidian, Proposal Automation applications) is preferred
* Demonstrated text editing and writing skills (based on business unit and/or team expectations)
* Demonstrated ability to plan, multi-task and prioritize
* Demonstrated teamwork, communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills
* Proven ability to work independently
* Ability to work to deadlines
* Strong analytical skills
* Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with internal stakeholders, clients and Covance senior management
* Positive attitude and sense of urgency
* Possesses an ability and willingness to work across Business Units
* Ability to work irregular and/or extended hours as needed to meet the client's proposal deadline.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.