Metrology Technician I
Covance is a global, world-leading Life Sciences Contract Research Organisation that provides dedicated and fully comprehensive laboratory testing and drug development services to the pharmaceutical industry.
At Covance, we offer opportunities to work on diverse, challenging projects with bright, interesting colleagues while building a flexible and rewarding career. We put our trust in science and in one another. This is your chance to become part of a team that helps to bring the miracles of medicine to market sooner, as Covance has helped pharmaceutical and biotech companies develop one-third of all prescriptions medicines in the market today.
The primary role of the Metrology Technician is to ensure that all analytical and study related equipment is metrologised, calibrated, maintained by established timelines and in compliance with SOP's and regulatory guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform routine (scheduled calibrations and preventive maintenance) and non-routine (repair) procedures in support of basic scientific and laboratory equipment. e. balances, pipettes, pH meters, etc.
- Collect, compile, measure, summarize and record data developed during performance of routine and non-routine maintenance activities.
- Perform assignments with strict adherence to written standard operating procedures where required.
- Gain ability to use sources (e.g. manuals, tech support, internet, peers) for needed technical information needed to support familiar and unfamiliar laboratory instrumentation.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures.
- Attend all related company, department and EHS recommended required safety training annually.
- Maintains a safe work area
- Professional and effective in all interactions with peers and customers.
- Internal: lab staff, management from different departments and all supporting groups.
- External: Instrument vendors' sales, service and application specialists, etc.
Travel Requirements: Yes
- Support of other Covance sites as needed
- Occasional training courses off site
- Associate's degree in related area.
- Experience may be substituted for education.
- 1-2 years of technical experience in the job discipline.
- Ability to use MS Office.
- Ability to learn the use and care of measurement standards
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.