Team Lead (Manager), Inside Sales
Labcorp Drug Development, a global contract research organization, has worked on all of the top 50 best-selling drugs available today through its full spectrum of nonclinical, clinical and commercialization services with our clients from leading pharma and agile biotech. Our unique perspectives, built from decades of scientific expertise and precision delivery of the largest volume of drug development data in the world, along with our innovative technology solutions, help our clients identify new approaches and anticipate tomorrow's challenges as they evolve. Together with our clients, Labcorp Drug Development transforms today's healthcare challenges into tomorrow's solutions.
We are a leading global life sciences company that is deeply integrated in guiding patient care, providing comprehensive clinical laboratory and end-to-end drug development services. With a mission to improve health and improve lives, LabCorp delivers world-class diagnostic solutions, brings innovative medicines to patients faster and uses technology to improve the delivery of care.
- Works closely with Senior/Executive Directors of Sales and/or Vice President of Sales on client selection strategy,Inside Sales Manager (ISM)assignment, and account development plans.
- Manages, trains and provides leadership (coaching, mentoring, guiding, challenging, problem solving etc) to assigned ISMs.
- Hires and develops diverse talent for open positions.
- Assigns accounts, territories and forecasts individual territory sales goals.
- Delivers lead generation and awards goals.
- Partners with Marketing colleagues on lead generation and awareness campaigns.
- Partners with Field Sales Leadersto heighten client communication and maintain efficient processes between Inside Sales and Field Sales.
- Stays current and coaches team on Social Selling, Social listening and partners with eMarketing / Marketing Demand Managementin leveraging latest methods of client contact and engagement.
- Assists sales team in developing internal and external relationships and identifying new market opportunities.
- Manages team performance and feedback providing guidance on development opportunities and action plans.
- Monitors and controls team operating expenses.
- Leads scheduled networking events and team meetings.
- Functions as an advisor to Inside Sales Managers, troubleshooting and resolving internal and external issues.
- Facilitates strong internal relationships and communication with operational colleagues.
- Identifies and executes process improvement opportunities.
- Utilizes SFDC to manage team pipeline, forecast and analyze key sales metrics.
- DevelopsISM coaching/action plans as needed.
- Gathers and shares market intelligence and competitive information with sales team, Sales Directors and marketing.
- Assists with annual sales meeting planning.
- Provides sales reports/updates to Senior Management.
- Bachelors degree in life science or business field preferred; advanced degree preferred
- Advanced industry knowledge
- Demonstrated client retention skills
- Ability to manage difficult client and/or financial situations
- Ability to differentiate Labcorp Drug Development from competitors
- Experience developing and executing strategic business plans
- Ability to manage and motivate inside sales staff
- Demonstrated leadership experience in leading and presenting to executives and senior levels of the client organization
- Extensive global collaboration experience
- Highly consultative
- Strong customer orientation
- Excellent negotiation skills and demonstrated ability to influence sales decisions
- Demonstrated ability to lead
- Experience managing a team
- 7+ years sales (or relevant) experience selling services directly to the pharmaceutical and biotech section with direct interaction with mid-level and executive level decision makers
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.