Analyst I - Discovery (BioA)
We have an excellent opportunity for someone to join ourDiscovery (nonGLP) Bioanalytical TeaminMadison, WIand jumpstart their career as aLab Analyst with a focus on large and small molecule sample analysis. We're looking for a flexible, research and development focused individual who can think outside the box and is interested in bioanalysis of liquid and tissue matrices.
Analyze biological samples for various compounds including standard small molecules, proteins, peptides and monoclonal antibodies utilizing HPLC-MSMS in compliance with SOPs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts routine analyses independently in compliance with applicable methods, protocols, and SOPs.
- Documents work properly; maintains study documentation and laboratory records.
- Independently able to use and troubleshoot laboratory equipment as appropriate for assigned tasks.
- Provides input and participates in project meetings.
- Performs QC review of data.
- Recognizes deviations from normal results and informs Study Director, Principal Investigator and/or management of any problems and/or deviations that may affect the integrity of the data.
- Plans assigned workload on a daily basis and effectively schedules multiple assignments.
- Independently able to identify problems, determine appropriate actions and implement solutions.
- Able to adapt techniques to new procedures or particular needs as directed.
- Contributes to a cohesive team environment. Plans individual workload in coordination with team members.
- May train and instruct less experienced staff.
- Participates in process improvement initiatives.
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
- Assists in evaluating data for report preparation and experiment modification as directed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Interacts with internal and external clients.
- Bachelor of Science/Arts (BS/BA) degree in chemistry or related scientific field.
- Experience may be substituted for education.
- Familiar with the use of standard laboratory equipment.
- Experience with analytical instrumentation is desired.
- Basic knowledge of computers and software programs.
- Minimum 1 year experience or an internship experience in a relevant field also considered
- Experience in large molecule LC-MS/MS and/or LBA-Gyro Lab bioanalysis workflow (protein, peptide, oligonucleotides) is preferred, but not required.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.