Scientific Specialist - Immunotoxicology
If you have a passion for science and are an experienced lab professional who enjoys working in a dynamic and fast paced lab, the Scientific Specialist position in research will take you to the next level in your career. We have an excellent opportunity for someone to join our Global Immunotoxicology team in Madison, WI.
As a Scientific Specialist, you will participate in all procedures in the operational areas of I&I. These include sample analysis and high volume of data review in compliance with regulatory guidelines, supporting validation work, method development, instrument metrology and general Laboratory support duties.
Other Duties and Responsibilities :
- Organizes and conducts routine and non-routine sample analysis in compliance with applicable methods, protocols, SOPs, and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Documents work and maintains study documentation and laboratory records.
- Sets up, operates and performs routine and non-routine maintenance on general equipment.
- Provides input and participates in project meetings, plans, monitors and guides project work.
- Critically review and perform QC checks and approval of data
- Assist with the monitoring of quality control trends and troubleshoot alongside the SME and implements any actions.
- To assist in setting up and performing method development and validation of various Immunotoxicology assays.
- To be involved in the transfer of methods into I&I
- To perform complex analysis using unfamiliar or new methods, asking for scientific guidance as needed.
- To have scientific or technical input into any modifications in test methods or procedures where required
- Trains and assists less experienced staff.
- Performs troubleshooting and guides others in troubleshooting processes, instrumentation and methods
- Participates in process improvement initiatives.
- Represents the department in client calls/visits and conferences where required.
Lapcorp Drug Development's work in developing new pharmaceutical solutions has an incredible impact on millions of lives worldwide. Be a part of this life-saving work and help improve patients' lives while growing your career.
We offer excellent training withextensive benefits including medical/dental/vision plans, 24 days of PTO in thefirst year, tuition reimbursement, 401K with 5% matching, employee stock purchase plan and much more!
- Bachelor of Science degree, in a relevant Science discipline required (Masters preferred)
- Experience may be substituted for education.
- At least 4-6 years of relevant experience.
- Familiar with the use of standard laboratory equipment.
- Experience with analytical instrumentation is desired.
- Previous experience of working to GLP
- Basic knowledge of computers and software programs.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.