*Upcoming Grads* Clinical Pathology- Medical Technician
We have an exciting opportunity for upcoming December 2021 or May 2022 grads to join our Clinical Pathology Services team in Madison, WI, Greenfield, IN or Somerset, NJ!
At Labcorp, we believe in the power of science to change lives. We are a leading global life sciences company that delivers answers for crucial health questions -because we know that knowledge has the potential to make life better for all. Through our unparalleled diagnostics and drug development capabilities, we provide insights and accelerate innovations that not only empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. Here, you can join our more than 70,000 employees, serving clients in more than 100 countries, as we work together to make a real impact on people's lives. Join us in our pursuit of answers.
About the Team:
The Clinical Pathology Services department for Early Development focuses on animal health using bodily fluids, such as blood and urine, for analysis utilizing automated analyzers in the fields of chemistry, hematology, urinalysis and coagulation. The data that is produced is then utilized and reviewed/interpreted by certified clinical pathologists to determine if a proposed drug had any in vivo effects. This is an excellent career alternative outside of a hospital or clinic for candidates pursuing their Medical Technologist degree.
What to Expect:
- Perform standard clinical laboratory testing (hematology, coagulation, urinalysis, and chemistry) accurately and in a timely manner.
- Prepare workstation and instrumentation for the assigned testing.
- Receive, open and place in service all reagents according to SOPs.
- Prepare and properly label reagents and document according to SOPs.
- Operate instruments to perform testing in accordance with established written procedures.
- Process and ship samples according to study specific instructions
- Evaluates and solves problems related to the collection and processing of specimens.
- Ensure the validity of test results through the performance of established quality control procedures. Interpret quality control results according to established departmental procedures.
- Prepare quality control material accurately.
- Perform basic instrument and equipment troubleshooting with assistance.
- Regulatory compliance
- Comply with regulatory guidelines, Universal Precautions and Covance Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) at all times.
How you will be Rewarded:
- *Sign on Bonus Eligilble Position*
- Work primarily 1st shift, with some overtime and occasional rotating weekends.
- Enjoy 24 days of personal-time-off (PTO) (pro-rated depending on start date)
- Have access to other great benefits including: tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match and of course medical and dental insurance.
You'll have access to growth opportunities
With the support ofexceptionalpeoplefrom across the globe, you'll be empowered to own your career journey with:
- Formal and informal mentoring opportunities.
- Extensive training and job shadowing opportunities.
- Personalized development planning.
- Exposure to many drug development scientific career paths.
- Medical Technician (MT)- Associate's degree in medical laboratory technology, or 60 semester hours from an accredited institution that includes the following:
- 24 semester hours in medical laboratory technology courses
- 6 semester hours in chemistry, 6 semester hours in biology, and twelve semester hours in combination of chemistry, biology, or medical technology
- Medical Technologist (MLT)- Bachelor's degree and completion of at least a 12-month training program in Medical Technology
- Bachelors of Science degree in relevant biological or chemistry discipline- with minimum of 2 years working experience in a research and/or academic laboratory.
**Applicants for this role should be graduating between December 2021 and May 2022**
- Ability to perform basic computer skills (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, LIS).
- Exposure to or knowledge of Sample processing, Data entry, Hematology.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.