Proposal Manager I
LabCorp is seeking to hire a Proposal Manager within our Clinical Trials Testing Solutions Proposal Management team. Remotely based anywhere in the US or Bulgaria.
We are looking for an individual with a Commercial, Financial and/or Scientific background to join our highly successful and dynamic global proposals team located across the US, EU and Asia Pacific. This candidate would be working with stakeholders from across the Clinical Trials Testing Solutions organization in a matrix environment and managing the pre-win budgeting process for potential clinical trials to be awarded by our clients. Big picture thinking, working in the 'grey' and a 'gets it done' mentality are key attributes needed for this role where the individual will be required to support internal and external opportunity management negotiations associated with their deliverables. The proposals team is a key part of the client journey, with the Proposal Manager being involved in the early aspects of budgeting, especially working alongside the company's sales team. Our department manages the budgeting process from the very first inquiry through the study closure, and our proposals team touches every part of the Clinical Trials Testing Solutions business resulting in a highly varied and influential role.
* Owns all aspects of the appropriate proposal process (text, quote, budget, and/or response to Requests for Information [RFIs]) for assigned opportunities (inclusive of managing opportunities under general supervision, establishing clear timelines, meeting client requirement, and suggesting solutions for obstacles)
* Responsible for managing opportunities of low to medium complexity
* Support integrated opportunities (i.e., spanning across multiple Business Units)
* Reviews and analyzes RFI and/or Request for Proposal (RFP) documents to ensure adequate information for budget, proposal and/or response preparation is provided. Follows up with appropriate contact for additional information as required.
* Identifies and resolves issues around client enquiry requirements and Covance capabilities with support
* Organizes and facilitates of strategic and operational calls related to the opportunity
* Work across the organization in matrix environment across multiple time-zones and locations to lead the process and complete deliverables
* Liaise with third party vendors/vendor managers for provision of quotations and/or information where required
* Prepares high quality and accurate documents in accordance with agreed strategy and Sponsor requirements and expectations under the pressure of changing timelines
* Supports facilitating internal and external opportunity management negotiations (i.e. pricing, process, resources, timelines, etc.) as needed
* Ensures timely delivery of assigned deliverables
* Is responsible for resolving of issues/challenges and informing Manager; may seek Manager's advice for complex issues/challenges
* Performs timely and accurate data entry into departmental and/or corporate databases/systems as appropriate
* Support client-facing and senior management-facing activities surrounding assigned opportunities as needed, including supporting preparation, attendance, or leading applicable preparation and meetings
* Maintains appropriate knowledge of the technical and regulatory environments
* Identifies and participates in ways to improve the efficiency and quality of processes and the resulting deliverables
* Contribute to assigned client relationship improvement activities and implementation
* Performs quality control activities per the appropriate process/requirements
* Support hosting sales-focused inbound client visits
* Responsible for coordinating on-boarding activities for new starters, including working directly with the management staff to ensure proper on-boarding
* Expected to contribute to content library by submitting new content or updates to existing content, using the official content submission process
* Completes other appropriate duties, as assigned by the manager, which require similar skills in accordance with business needs and common sense.
Bachelor's degree required in related field or equivalent work experience
* Applicable minimum years of experience in budget and/or text development, or an equivalent combination of education and CRO/pharma/other related experience to successfully perform the essential job duties
* Excellent customer service skills, attention to detail and ability to be persistent while maintaining tact
* Demonstrated computer skills - requires excellent MS Office experience (specifically Excel, Word, Outlook)
* Knowledge of proposal management software applications (e.g., Salesforce.com, Qvidian, Proposal Automation applications) is preferred
* Demonstrated text editing and writing skills (based on business unit and/or team expectations)
* Demonstrated ability to plan, multi-task and prioritize
* Demonstrated teamwork, communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills
* Proven ability to work independently
* Ability to work to deadlines
* Strong analytical skills
* Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with internal stakeholders, clients and Covance senior management
* Positive attitude and sense of urgency
* Possesses an ability and willingness to work across Business Units
* Ability to work irregular and/or extended hours as needed to meet the client's proposal deadline.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.