Proposal Manager I
LabCorp Drug Development is seeking to hire a Proposal Manager I within our Clinical Trials Testing Solutions Proposal Management team. Remotely based anywhere in the United States.
Due to an internal growth opportunity, we are looking for an individual with a Financial and/or Scientific background to join our Post-win team and to work alongside our highly successful and dynamic client facing global proposals team with colleagues located across the EU, US and Asia Pacific. You would be working with stakeholders from across the Clinical Trials Testing Solutions organization in a matrix environment and working in the financial system to draft and amend budgets. Big picture thinking and a 'gets it done' mentality are key attributes needed for this role where the individual will be required to support internal opportunity management negotiations associated with their deliverables. The proposals team is a key part of the client journey, being involved from the very first enquiry through to the close out of a study and touches every part of the Clinical Trials Testing Solutions business resulting in a highly varied and influential role.
* Owner of all aspects of post-win through project closeout process (quote, budget, financial analysis, and database analysis) for assigned opportunities (inclusive of managing opportunities under general supervision, establishing clear timelines, meeting client requirement, escalating obstacles)
* Responsible for managing opportunities of low to medium complexity
* Review and analyze internal client documents to ensure adequate information for budget management is provided. Follow up with appropriate contact for additional information as required.
* Ensure all financial billing activity aligns operationally via financial analysis of all billable data.
* Shadow applicable internal operational calls related to the opportunity
* Works across the organization in matrix environment to lead the process and complete deliverables
* Continue maintenance of high quality and accurate budgets under the pressure of changing timelines
* Support facilitating internal and external opportunity management negotiations (i.e. pricing, process, resources, etc.) as needed
* Prepare budget financial analysis summaries to support contractual approval, via internal documents.
* Ensures timely delivery of assigned deliverables
* Performs timely and accurate data entry into corporate databases as appropriate
* Generate both regularly scheduled and impromptu reports as needed
* Shadow client-facing and senior management-facing activities surrounding assigned projects as needed, including supporting preparation, attendance, or leading applicable preparation and meetings
* Maintains appropriate knowledge of the technical environments
* Look for and support ways to improve the efficiency and quality of processes and the resulting deliverables
* Contribute to both internal and external client relationship improvement activities and implementation
* Performs quality control activities per the appropriate process/requirements as indicated
* Complete other appropriate duties, as assigned by the manager, which require similar skills in accordance with business needs and common sense.
Bachelor's degree required in related field or equivalent work experience
* Applicable minimum years of experience in budget and text development, or an equivalent combination of education and CRO/Pharma/Other related experience to successfully perform the essential job duties
* Excellent customer service skills, attention to detail and ability to be persistent while maintaining tact
* Demonstrated computer skills - requires excellent MS Office experience (specifically Excel, Word, Outlook)
* Demonstrated ability to plan, multi-task and prioritize
* Demonstrated teamwork, communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills
* Proven ability to work independently
* Knowledge of other software applications (i.e. SFDC) preferred
* Ability to work to deadlines
* Strong analytical skills
* Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with clients and Covance senior management
* Positive attitude and sense of urgency
* Possesses a general knowledge of and ability to work across Covance BU lines preferred
* Ability to work irregular hours as needed to meet the client's proposal deadline.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.