Senior Medical Director / Medical Director - Cardiology ( REMOTE BASED )
Cardiologists: Discover new opportunities to grow your career as a Senior Medical Director / Medical Director in Cardiovascular Diseases at Labcorp Drug Development!
The primary role of this Senior Medical Director / Medical Director position is to provide subject matter expertise and medical monitoring in support of advancing clinical trials and drug development programs in Cardiovascular Diseases. In partnership with Labcorp Drug Development clients, he/she will be expected to be a key contributor to the medical strategy and execution of clinical programs. Furthermore, the Medical Director will participate in client relations and business development activities representing Labcorp Drug Development in proposals and industry meetings as needed. This is a remote home-based role based in the US with travel (US and Global) as needed.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Medical monitoring and study data review
- Develop, review, and revise protocols, CRF, training materials, code/data tables, listing and figures
- Actively participate and assist in preparations for investigator meetings
- Participate in project risk assessment activities
- Provide clinical and scientific / medical expertise to other departments when needed
- Contribute to the scientific strategic leadership for a given therapeutic area
- Partner with sales and support business development efforts including bid defense meetings, conferences, etc.
- MD degreewith Fellowship training in Cardiology is required;
- Board certification preferred. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel within the US and global
- 3+ years of medical monitoring experience preferred
- Clinical research experience with a CRO or pharmaceutical company preferred
- Strong knowledge and experience with Cardiovascular clinical trials
- Previous experience in Cardiovascular medical practice/patient care
- Prior clinical / laboratory research experience in a fellowship / academic setting also preferred
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.