This position is located in Durham, NC.
S/He is to lead and/or participate in the design and implementation of computer and information networks, such as local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), intranets, extranets, and other data communications networks. Active participation in collaborative solutions that require integrated infrastructure solutions. Perform network modeling, analysis, and planning, including review of capacity needs for network infrastructures. Include security best practices and company security requirements within design solutions. Research and recommend network and data communications hardware and software.
- Develop & produce conceptual, logical, and/or physical network architecture/solution designs in support of Business & IT Global requirements
- Participate in and lead technical discussions to understand business requirements and translate them into functional requirements that includes both detailed and big picture scoped items such as Business Continuity plans
- Create conceptual diagrams and presentation material for collaborative and inter-team use as well as management presentations
- Be comfortable presenting these concepts to management and various I.T. teams demonstrating the alternatives and the benefits of the preferred approaches
- Collaborate with other teams for integrated technology solutions involving networking; collaborate with other (vendor) designers of inter-connected networks
- Develop or recommend network security measures, such as firewalls, network-based threat protection; ensure designs are in alignment with security best practices and company-adopted security practices
- Research new networking technologies to determine what would best support their organization in the future via producing technology road-maps; stay current with technology trends, company use cases, and market forces to recommend, modify and implement relevant solutions to align with company business goals.
- Review, contribute, and consult to engineering diagrams and layouts for data communications networks
- Obtain a thorough understanding of existing company networks and become familiar with the company's business plans in order to help achieve business goals
- Mentor engineering/implementation teams as needed for new deployment features or functionality or best-practices
- Be capable of troubleshooting complex Network/Collaboration technology issues and respond if called into a Severity production outage.
- Effectively demonstrate excellent communications skills; oral, written, and presentations to Architectural peers, Engineering/Implementation staff, and all layers of Management.
- Teamwork: We foster a collaborative, respectful work environment that brings together our diverse talents and extends to our customer relationships. We believe that when everyone is working together, success follows.
- Network management - (e.g., Cisco DNAc, CiscoWorks; Riverbed; Solarwinds)
- Network monitoring tracing - (SNMP; packet analysis software, Wireshark, Extrahop)
- Operating systems - (Linux; MS Windows, Apple (MacOS, iOS,watchOS, tvOS)
- Network OS - (IOS, NXOS, IOS-XE, EOS, Meraki)
- Application Containers -- Docker
- Telecommunications - knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control, and operation of telecommunication systems.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programing.
- Engineering and Technology - Knowledge of the practical application of engineering and science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, performance testing methodologies, procedures, evaluation techniques, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Complex routing, switching, and ISP environments
- Cisco Routers (ISRs and ASRs)
- Campus Switches - Cisco, Meraki
- Data Center Switching - Cisco & Arista (preferred)
- EVPN design, configuration; spine and leaf
- Firewalls (Palo Alto preferred, Cisco ASA/Meraki desirable)
- Load Balancing (F5 preferred)
- QoS understanding and configuration (routers and switches)
- Routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
- WAN architectures ("legacy" ex: MPLS and "trending" ex: SD-WAN & VPN methods)
- Thorough understanding of most enterprise IPv4 protocols and emerging IPv6 deployments
- Strong familiarity with cloud networking (AWS: VPC, Transit Gateways, Direct Connect, ELB/ALB, Route 53)
- Multicast PIM, MSDP
- Familiarity with network configuration, automation tooling, telemetry, authentication technologies (Cisco DNA center, Cisco ISE, Cisco Umbrella, Cisco Stealthwatch, Arista CloudVision, InfoBlox IPAM & NetMRI, F5 BigIQ, Splunk)
- Familiarity with Network Troubleshooting Tool Suites (Extrahop, Gigamon, "Wire Data" visibility tool suites, Syslog Parsers, AKiPS, etc.)
Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree preferred
8 or more years of relevant job experience including analyzing, configuring, troubleshooting, designing complex enterprise networks
Industry certifications -- primarily via our Strategic Partners (Arista, Cisco/Meraki, F5, InfoBlox, Palo Alto, Velocloud, vmware)
- CCIE and CCDE (preferred)
- CCNP (routing/switching), CCNP(wireless)
- PAN PCSNE
- other (JNCIS, VCP, F5, AWS, Meraki, Advanced Networking)
Must be highly knowledgeable in IP networking, enterprise IT architecture, VPN, Routers, Switches, Load Balancers, Firewalls and other security appliances
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.