Data Science Intern
At LabCorp, we provide real-world experience by working on assignments in a team atmosphere which furthers an education in STEM and Healthcare disciplines.
Our interns have the opportunity to showcase their work by demonstrating their achievements to their supervisors, their mentors, and our senior management team. Each intern will participate in group projects that illustrate their creativity and builds on their technical teamwork skills.
Your Summer at a Glance
- May - Take Off
- Program Kick-Off and the Start of the Summer!
- June - Teamwork and Discovery
- Work with your assigned team and fellow Interns on projects while also attending workshops, panels, and tours
- July - Networking and Public Speaking
- Present to Senior Leadership, work with team members on innovative new projects, and expand your career network
- August - Takeaways
- Provide insight for your future career, and create lasting career networks
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Statistics, Applied Math, Data Science, STEM, or related field
- Knowledge of Python, and programming languages
- Interest in Data Science and Machine Learning
- Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Ability to work with statistical language models in big data sets in order to create probability distributions
- Opportunity to work with Time Series Analysis in order to extract meaningful statistics and as a forecasting tool in order to predict future values
- Must have completed coursework in advanced math, life sciences, and statistics
- Must have knowledge of programming languages, including Python
- Exposure to Forecast Modeling, Analytics, and Machine Learning
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.