Application Solution Architect
Labcorp Drug Development is recruiting an Application Solution Architect for a dynamic team, based in Indianapolis, IN. This position can also be based in Madison, WI, Princeton, NJ or Durham(RTP), NC. Get ready to redefine what's possible and discover your extraordinary potential at Labcorp Drug Development. Here, you'll have the opportunity to personally advance healthcare and make a difference in peoples' lives with your bold ideas and unique point of view. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you'll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
The Application Solution Architect is an experienced Architect with strong interconnectivity experience as well as cross-domain and cross-functional expertise. They outline solution approaches, especially those that span multiple applications in the portfolio, and then monitor and oversees those implementations.
A person in this role brings a strong foundation of in-depth knowledge gained through hands-on participation in multiple hardware and software implementations of various technologies, operating systems, databases and environments to successfully design and deploy effective business solutions.
The Application Solution Architect works closely with the corporate Architecture team to ensure our application group and our solutions remain in alignment with accepted tools, technologies and standards.
The Application Solution Architect is responsible for understanding business and technical needs, and translating these into high-level and detailed solution designs that meets internal customer and project objectives. This involves participating in business workflow modeling, requirements analysis, high-level and detailed design activities to implement a solution that will meet business needs. This may also include researching software and hardware products and/or services, and recommending solutions to meet business requirements.
They work with development Team Leads to produce an overall application design that is consistent end-to-end. They assist in the presentation and translation of the design to SMEs, both technical and operational, and End-Users to ensure the design will meet the requirements.
Once the designs are complete the Solution Architect works with Development Teams to successfully implement the design. This includes communication and coordination with the Technical Leads of all Development Teams across all solution technology tiers, as well as providing technical expertise and leadership areas as required for technology integration. This role provides guidance and makes decisions on changes required throughout the design process, and may also do some of the development along with the Development Teams as necessary.
Essential duties include:
- Ensuring that application solutions that cross multiple systems are designed and constructed in a way that ensures success, performs well, confirms to corporate architectural standards and have security considered up front
- Consulting on lab instrument connections, particularly those that involve novel connectivity needs and data exchange with cloud services
- Coordinating with multiple corporate technology groups (including Security, Operating System groups, DBAs, Middleware Engineering, Networking, the Enterprise Service Bus groups and others) to ensure that projects and operational efforts get executed in a way that facilitates complete technical solutions
- Work closely with our Cloverleaf Drug Development team to ensure connections with referral laboratories get thoughtfully planned, documented tested and executed
- Examine application performance profiles proactively looking for ways to optimize throughput and minimize downtime
- Build and maintain a comprehensive visual schematic for all applications in Drug Development Laboratories that shows how all applications are connected, what information flows among each system and direction of that flow.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience is required. Master's Degree is preferred.
- Certified technical professional in relevant technologies
- 10 years of experience in 2 or more highly technical areas of IT including: software engineering, architecture, database administration and operating system administration
- 5 years of experience in critical or highly-regulated industries such as: life sciences, healthcare, energy, nuclear
- Experience navigating large, matrixed organizations and achieving results
- Demonstrable application of architectures, standards, best practices & methodologies
- Hands-on experience with HL7 and other communications mechanisms
- Preferred experience with Labware, Cloverleaf and/or similar applications
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.