The Business Analyst is a member of the Business Relationship Management team for Labcorp's Drug Development business lines. This role will have a deep business and application domain knowledge in order to aid in the critical evaluation of business and organizational needs, and participates in assisting an assigned business unit to meet group goals and objectives.
The BA will analyze and clarify stakeholder and/or organizational needs through development of business and user requirements, translate business needs to technical needs, and vice versa. This role will also lead the prioritization of business requirements based on business value, technical feasibility, and other criteria.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Partner with the business relationship manager, delivery and functional teams in the development of business cases with cost and benefit analyses of alternatives for a proposed solution.
- Analyze applications, technologies, and business domains to fully understand and document the needs, problems, and opportunities.
- Assess the enterprise to identify capability or technology gaps that prevent it from meeting business objectives and achieving strategic goals.
- Utilize a working knowledge of internal capabilities and industry software trends to identify new solution opportunities.
- Facilitate and document business process definition, use cases, data flows and modeling.
- Elicit and document business and high-level stakeholder requirements and analyze for completeness and alignment with business goals and objectives using agile and traditional requirements gathering approaches as appropriate.
- Determine and plan the approach/techniques to apply in the development of the solution options and build consensus towards a single solution.
- Assess proposed solutions to determine how closely they meet stakeholder and solution requirements.
- Working with the Business Relationship Manager, assemble and organize the output of pre-project analysis phase to ensure requirements are effectively communicated and understood by stakeholders and solutions teams. Represent and articulate requirements in order to bring stakeholders to a common understanding. Resolve issues emerging from requirements elicitation and analysis during the pre-project analysis phase.
- Partner with stakeholders to evaluate functioning solutions to determine the value delivered to business goals and objectives. Identify opportunities for improvement.
- Work with delivery teams to ensure that the handoff between pre-project analysis and project delivery organizations includes a clear understanding of requirements.
- Work with senior business analysts, business relationship managers, IT and business management to provide additional deliverables as needed.
- BS/BA degree in scientific, business or technology related field.
- IIBA or PMI certification preferred.
- Green belt in Lean Six Sigma process improvement preferred.
- Active working experience (3-5 years) in a pharmaceutical, CRO, IT, or related industry.
- Some pharmaceutical experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in working with customers, identifying/understanding their needs, and formally documenting business requirements.
- Demonstrated capability to forge strong working relationships with business and IT staff.
- Strong working knowledge of IT capabilities and industry software trends.
- Working knowledge of agile, waterfall, and iterative software development lifecycle concepts.
- Working knowledge of business process and data modeling, user story and acceptance criteria development and use case design.
- Familiarity with implementation of global IT solutions/technologies within scientific environments.
- Familiarity with FDA GxP and 21 CFR Part 11 regulations preferred.
- Familiarity with computer system validation concepts.
- Familiarity with Lean Six Sigma process improvement concepts.
- Demonstrated capability to support an organizational culture that fosters teamwork.
- Strong learning agility and desire for personal development.
- Skilled in conducting presentations and leading meetings.
- Proficient self-management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.