Come for the foosball, ping-pong and location. Stay for the people, technology and the challenge. At Sequenom we're the trusted source for genetic testing that guides reproductive health matters. We are dedicated to delivering the most advanced genetic testing solutions available to provide answers that assist parents and physicians in proactively addressing informed family planning.
Sequenom (a division of Labcorp) is seeking aSoftware Engineerfor its San Diego, CA location. The position will join a software development team in Bioinformatics and have the following responsibilities:
- To develop Web-based tools for clinical lab scientists and directors to evaluate analytics data
- To develop Web-based biorepository system for high-throughput sample aliquoting, sample batching, and long-term storage
- To develop software tools to generate reports including the PDF and HL7 formats
- To assemble analytics pipelines for processing next-generation sequencing data and to deploy to Cloud-based and on-premise environments
- To provide user support on the applications in the clinical and the R&D labs
- To be self-motivated and able to multi-task in different projects
- To closely work with other software engineers in developing enterprise applications
- To communicate with laboratory scientists and understand requirements collected from end-
users or documented in blueprints
- To adopt modern and cutting-edge technologies in software development
BS or MS in Computer Science
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.