Manager, Proposal Management
Labcorp Drug Development is seeking to hire a Manager within our Early Development Proposal Management team. Remotely based anywhere in the US.
Due to an internal growth opportunity, we are looking for an individual with a Commercial and/or Scientific background to join our Leadership team and to work alongside our highly successful and dynamic client facing global proposals team with colleagues located across the EU, US and Asia Pacific. As part of the management team we're looking for a candidate with a strong history of strategic thinking, innovation, customer serviceand delivery. You would be partnering with stakeholders from across the Early Development organization in a matrix environment and lead a team of dedicated individuals in driving the enquiry to award process for your assigned region. Big picture thinking and a 'gets it done' mentality are key attributes needed for this role where your team play a key part of the client journey, being involved from the very first enquiry through to the close out of a study and touches every part of the Early Development business resulting in a highly varied and influential role.
- Is accountable and provides leadership for all aspects of the appropriate proposal/budget process (text, quote, budget, and/or response to Requests for Information [RFIs]
- May leads strategic and/or highly complex opportunities and/or initiatives
- Is accountable for assigned team workload management, monitoring team capacity, and assisting in priority setting
- Triages and assigns new enquiries as needed
- Performs line management of assigned team members under the supervision of a Sr. Manager or above
- Executes supervisory duties for assigned staff including work scheduling, performance evaluation activities, career development and preparation of training plans, where applicable with support of a Manager or above
- Identifies and resolves issues around client enquiry requirements and Covance capabilities
- Organizes and leads (and/or coaches others on) of strategic and operational calls related to the opportunity/account
- May work across the organization in matrix environment across multiple time-zones and locations to lead the process and complete deliverables
- Liaises with third party vendors/vendor managers for provision of quotations and/or information where required.
- Is accountable for and provides guidance on the preparation of high quality and accurate documents in accordance with agreed strategy and Sponsor expectations under the pressure of changing timelines
- May (based on business unit and/or team expectation) lead and/or provide guidance for internal and external opportunity management negotiations (i.e. pricing, process, timelines, resources, etc.)
- May (based on business unit and/or team expectation) prepare opportunity summaries for approval/sign off, either via discussion, email, or teleconference, as applicable in the appropriate process.
- Is accountable for timely delivery of assigned opportunities across direct supervision
- Performs timely and accurate data entry into departmental and/or corporate databases/systems as appropriate
- May (based on business unit and/or team expectation) support client-facing and senior management-facing activities surrounding assigned opportunities as needed, including supporting preparation, attendance, or leading applicable preparation and meetings
- Maintains appropriate knowledge of current and future technical and regulatory environments
- Identifies and is accountable for driving ways to improve the efficiency and quality of processes and the resulting deliverables, influencing key stakeholders as applicable
- May (based on business unit and/or team expectation) contribute to assigned client relationship improvement activities and implementation
- Provides training and guidance to new and less experienced staff on all aspects of position requirements
- Performs quality control activities per the appropriate process/requirements
- May (based on business unit and/or team expectation) assist with hosting sales-focused inbound client visits
- May (based on business unit and/or team expectation) be expected to contribute to content library by submitting new content or updates to existing content, using the official content submission process, and to suggest areas for streamlining/improving content and/or structure
- Completes other appropriate duties, as assigned by the manager, which require similar skills in accordance with business needs and common sense.
Bachelor's degree required in related field or equivalent work experience
- Applicable minimum years of experience in related field, or an equivalent combination of education and CRO/pharma/other related experience to successfully perform the essential job duties
- Excellent customer service skills, attention to detail and ability to be persistent while maintaining tact
- Demonstrated computer skills - requires excellent MS Office experience (specifically Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Knowledge of proposal management software applications (e.g., Salesforce.com, Qvidian, Proposal Automation applications) is preferred
- Demonstrated text editing and writing skills (based on business unit and/or team expectations)
- Demonstrated ability to plan, multi-task and prioritize
- Demonstrated teamwork, communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work independently
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of employee data and information during interaction with staff at all levels
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with internal stakeholders, clients and Covance senior management
- Positive attitude and sense of urgency
- Possesses an ability to work across Business Units; learns about Business Units currently unfamiliar to them
- Demonstrate management ability (to include, but not limited to, coaching and development, workload management, time management, excellent written and verbal communication, and positive change management)
- Ability to work irregular and/or extended hours as needed to meet the client deadlines.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.