Senior Proposal Associate
Due to an internal growth opportunity, we are looking for an individual with a Commercial and/or Scientific background to join our Biotech team and to work alongside our highly successful and dynamic client facing global proposals team with colleagues located across the US, EU and Asia Pacific. You would be working with stakeholders from across the Early Development organization in a matrix environment and driving the enquiry to award process for your defined accounts. Big picture thinking and a 'gets it done' mentality are key attributes needed for this role where the individual will be required to support internal and external opportunity management negotiations associated with their deliverables. The proposals team is a key part of the client journey, being involved from the very first enquiry through to the close out of a study and touches every part of the Early Development business resulting in a highly varied and influential role.
These are the specific areas of accountability requiring decisions or delivery of results.
- Supports or manages all aspects of the appropriate proposal process (text, quote, budget, and/or response to Requests for Information [RFIs]) for opportunities as assigned
- Responsible for managing opportunities of low to medium complexity
- Collaborates with Business Development, Commercial Development, and Costing team colleagues to prepare study and program budgets in response to Sponsor RFPs
- Shadow and/or assist more senior colleagues on opportunities of medium to high complexity
- Responsible for managing some transactional clients
- Analyzes RFI and/or Request for Proposal (RFP) documents to assist in identifying missing information for budget, proposal and/or RFI response preparation, with support. Supports follow-up with appropriate contact for additional information as required.
- Identifies and resolves issues around client enquiry requirements and Covance capabilities with support
- Shadow or manage strategic and operational calls related to the opportunity
- Works across the organization in matrix environment across multiple time-zones and locations to support the process and complete deliverables
- Prepares standard documents in accordance with agreed strategy and Sponsor requirements and expectations under the pressure of changing timelines, with minimal supervision
- Administratively supports facilitating internal and external opportunity management negotiations (i.e. pricing, process, resources, timelines, etc.) as needed
- Is responsible for timely delivery of assigned deliverables
- Escalates issues/challenges to Manager for advice on resolution
- Performs timely and accurate data entry into departmental and/or corporate databases/systems as directed
- Support client-facing and senior management-facing activities surrounding assigned opportunities as needed, including supporting preparation, attendance, or leading applicable preparation and meetings
- Develops appropriate knowledge of the technical and regulatory environments
- Contributes to assigned process improvement initiatives and supports implementation
- Contribute to assigned client relationship improvement activities and implementation
- Perform quality control activities per the appropriate process/requirements
- Support hosting sales-focused inbound client visits
- Expected to contribute to content library by submitting new content or updates to existing content, using the official content submission process
- Completes other appropriate duties, as assigned by the manager, which require similar skills in accordance with business needs and common sense.
Bachelor's degree required in related field or equivalent work experience
- Applicable minimum years of experience in budget and/or text development, or an equivalent combination of education and CRO/pharma/other related experience to successfully perform the essential job duties
- Excellent customer service skills, attention to detail and ability to be persistent while maintaining tact
- Demonstrated computer skills - requires excellent MS Office experience (specifically Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Knowledge of proposal management software applications (e.g., Salesforce.com, Qvidian, Proposal Automation applications) is a plus
- Demonstrated text editing and writing skills (based on business unit and/or team expectations)
- Demonstrated ability to plan, multi-task and prioritize
- Demonstrated teamwork, communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work independently
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with internal stakeholders, clients and Covance senior management
- Positive attitude and sense of urgency
- Possesses an ability and willingness to work across Covance Business Units
- Ability to work irregular and/or extended hours as needed to meet the client's proposal deadline.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.