Sr Specialist, Communications (remote)
Labcorp Drug Development has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Communications Specialist. This is an ideal opportunity for someone passionate about communications and looking to grow a career in a team oriented environment! This position is remote!
- Maintain awareness and working knowledge of existing communications platforms available for use within CDCS such as informational portals, group distribution lists, newsletters, Yammer sites, etc.
- Maintain awareness and working knowledge of information sharing and collaboration platforms available for use within CDCS such as SharePoint, Blackboard, etc.
- Research and maintain awareness of new methodologies and tools for effective business communication; propose and help launch new tools and solutions as appropriate
- Facilitate requirements gathering and conduct needs analysis as pertains to program/project communications
- Contribute to and/or build appropriate program/project communications plans, leveraging past experience, understanding of existing platforms, tools and methodologies, and potential opportunities to incorporate improved methodologies
- Author and/or edit content appropriately for all levels of audience and fit for purpose across all communications mediums in use within CDCS
- Maintain a working knowledge of survey and assessment tools and methodologies; build and analyze assessments in support of Learning and Change Management initiatives.
- Execute against communications plans in a timely and effective manner
- Independently manage time and deliverables across projects
- Develop appropriate and creative communications solutions in various mediums including hard copy [brochures, posters], voice and video recording, email messaging, speeches/talking points, presentations, etc.
- Develop [and/or compile] and maintain a library of forms, templates, and tools that facilitate the CDCS Learning and Change tiered service delivery model including self-service offerings
- Provide oversight to CDCS for SharePoint site design, administration and maintenance
- Manage (administration and content) the Global Learning & Change Management SharePoint Site
- Bachelor's degree
- Solid Computer Skills: Proficient with MS Office Suite [Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc]; ability to use the internet effectively, comfortable learning new applications
- Project Management: Working knowledge of Project Management principles
- Working ability to use video/ sound recording and editing
- Working ability to use Photoshop or equivalent graphics application
- Working ability to use Survey Monkey, Fluid Surveys or similar tool to develop and analyze assessments
- Working ability to use presentation software (such as Prezi) and animation applications (such as GoAnimate)
- Working ability to use social media for business applications
- Basic understanding of the workings of a CRO and/or the drug development process
- Customer Service: Knowledge of customer service processes and issue resolution
- Event Coordination and Logistics: Knowledge of processes for coordinating internal and external training and awareness events
- Interpersonal Relationships: Knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for working with individuals and groups in a constructive and collaborative manner
- Influencing: Ability to impact decisions within and outside the organization
- Oral and Written Communications: Ability to express oneself to provide information to others effectively and in a succinct manner
- Decision Making and Critical Thinking: Knowledge of tools and techniques for effective use of a broad range of methods, assumptions, frameworks, and perspectives when solving problems
- Problem Solving: Gathers and analyzes data and effectively responds to new, complex, or problematic situations
- Assessment and Evaluation: Knowledge of methods, tools, and techniques for evaluating the effectiveness and impact of learning and communications
- Time Management: Ability to effectively prioritize and manage effort across deliverables and projects
- Solid Business Communications Core : 3-5 years writing content for and producing/building communications vehicles (i.e. SharePoint Sites, Newsletters, Websites, Videos, Executive Briefings, Managerial Talking points, Presentations, Brochures, etc.) in support of business initiatives
- Work-stream leadership: At least 1 year experience in a project or work-stream lead role demonstrating ability to: facilitate project meetings (i.e. requirements gathering, planning, analysis), build out and manage to a project plan, and collaborative with team resources
- Advanced SharePoint Ability: At least 1 year experience building and administering SharePoint team sites (preferably SharePoint 2010)
- Experience within a CRO or pharmaceutical company
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.