Business Development Director II
Business Development Director in Medical Device and Diagnostic
Who we are
Labcorp Drug Development, a global contract research organization with the full spectrum of nonclinical, clinical and commercialization services with our clients from Medical Device and Diagnostic area. Our unique perspectives, built from decades of scientific expertise and precision delivery, along with our innovative technology solutions, help our clients identify new approaches and anticipate tomorrow's challenges as they evolve. Together with our clients, Covance transforms today's healthcare challenges into tomorrow's solutions.
Our team is the drug and Medical Device & Diagnostic development arm of LabCorp. LabCorp is a leading global life sciences company that is deeply integrated in guiding patient care, providing comprehensive clinical laboratory and end-to-end drug development and Medical Device & Diagnostic services. With a mission to improve health and improve lives, LabCorp delivers world-class diagnostic solutions, brings innovative medicines to patients faster and uses technology to improve the delivery of care.
What we need
Labcorp Drug Developmentis currently seeking a Business Development Director (BDD) in the US to join our global Medical Device & Diagnostic Team. This represents and incredibly exciting opportunity for the right person to join an enterprise-wide team.
BDDs on the MDD team cover the full spectrum of MDD development across all Labcorp Business Units including preclinical, clinical, Labcorp diagnostic labs, Central Labs, consulting and post-market activities.
If you are passionate about consultive selling, love to tap into new opportunities of growing business, see the big picture and think strategically, this role will be ideal for you.
This position is home-based and applicants can be placed anywhere within the US. We are seeking a BDD with strong scientific and clinical background, knowledge of Medical Devices and Diagnostic as an additional advantage. Previous experience in preclinical or central Lab space would be a big plus too.
In addition, the ideal candidate should be able to:
- achieve account portfolio/territory relationship and financial goals
- grow market shares of existing business units (BU) service lines
- liaise with various Business Units, to develop and execute integrated One Labcorp opportunities
- Build high-level relationships externally and internally
- Manage portfolio of strategic and key accounts; responsible for growing orders and profit share in selected accounts
- May represent and sell multiple BU service lines to client portfolio
- Provides comprehensive intelligence on key competitors
- Liaise with Scientific Leadership and Marketing to target scientific input that adds value to account strategy and deepen Labcorp's scientific perception within accounts.
- Develop and establish long-term account plans and relationships
- Lead and negotiate business unit based MSA's and preferred provider agreements
- Use SFDC to manage internal communication and document territory and client information as required
- Assist in determining margins and pricing with Client Services
- Lead and participate in proposal scope development, proposal VOC objectives
- Liaise with BU general management to ensure high quality delivery of services to account portfolio
- Maintain frequent personal contact with clients, both internal and external
- Participate in corporate teams to build relationships with key accounts.
- Lead client presentations.
- MS, PhD, MBA strongly preferred
- Strong scientific background - chemistry, biology, life sciences
-5+ Years of Business Development experience in the life sciences or medical device, CRO space. Clinical experience would be preferred.
- Experience in selling services directly to Medical Device and/or Diagnostic companies, preferably in Clinical area; any experience in other areas of development (preclinical, Central Labs, regulatory) would be advantageous for this position
- Demonstrated ability to acquire, grow and retain clients
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, ability to form strong and effective relationships internally and externally
- Ability to manage difficult client and/or financial situations
- Ability to differentiate Labcorp Drug Development from competitors
- Ability to adapt your style and approach to different audiences internally and externally
- Experience of presenting to executives and/or senior levels within a client organization
- Experience developing and executing strategic business plans
- Able to work autonomously and effectively, managing your own priorities in conjunction with those of your colleagues and your clients
- Proven ability to identify, develop and implement creative and innovative strategies that lead to effective long term client relationships
- Strong financial acumen: delivering business results in a commercial environment; budgeting; financial planning and reporting
- Negotiation skills: direct face to face negotiating experience with major clients
- Willingness to travel, around 40-50% (COVID allowing) of the role will include visiting clients across the US with some potential travel to Europe
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.