Senior Proposal Associate
LabCorp Drug Development is seeking to hire a Senior Proposal Associate within our Clinical Trials Testing Solutions Proposal Management team. Remotely based anywhere in the United States.
We are looking for an individual with a Financial and/or Scientific background to join our Post-win team and to work alongside our highly successful and dynamic client facing global proposals team with colleagues located across the EU, US and Asia Pacific. You would be working with stakeholders from across the Clinical Trials Testing Solutions organization in a matrix environment and working in the financial system to execute contracted budgets and draft requested budgets . Big picture thinking and a 'gets it done' mentality are key attributes needed for this role where the individual will be required to support internal opportunity management negotiations associated with their deliverables. The proposals team is a key part of the client journey, being involved from the very first enquiry through to the close out of a study and touches every part of the Clinical Trials Testing Solutions business resulting in a highly varied and influential role.
- Support or manages all aspects of post-win through project closeout process (quote, budget) for opportunities as assigned
- Responsible for managing some transactional clients
- Review and analyze internal client documents to ensure adequate information for budget management is provided. Follow up with appropriate contact for additional information as required.
- Support Budget Project Managers with all financial billing activity set-up.
- Shadow applicable internal operational calls related to the opportunity
- Works across the organization in matrix environment to support the process and complete deliverables
- Transfer budgets between applicable tools utilized in a pre-win environment as directed
- Administratively support facilitating internal and external opportunity management negotiations (i.e. pricing, process, resources, etc.) as needed
- Ensures timely delivery of assigned deliverables
- Performs timely and accurate data entry into corporate databases as directed
- Generate both regularly scheduled and impromptu reports as needed
- Develops appropriate knowledge of the technical environments
- Contributes to assigned process improvement initiatives and supports implementation
- Contribute to internal client relationship improvement activities and implementation
- Perform quality control activities per the appropriate process/requirements as indicated
- Complete other appropriate duties, as assigned by the manager, which require similar skills in accordance with business needs and common sense.
Bachelor's degree required in related field or equivalent work experience
- Applicable minimum years of experience in budget and text development, or an equivalent combination of education and CRO/Pharma/Other related experience to successfully perform the essential job duties
- Excellent customer service skills, attention to detail and ability to be persistent while maintaining tact
- Demonstrated computer skills - requires excellent MS Office experience (specifically Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to plan, multi-task and prioritize
- Demonstrated teamwork, communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work independently
- Knowledge of other software applications (i.e. SFDC) preferred
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with internal clients
- Positive attitude and sense of urgency
- Possesses a general knowledge of and ability to work across Covance BU lines preferred
- Ability to work irregular hours as needed to meet the client's proposal deadline.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.