Research Tech II
Responsible for performing practical/administrative activities of clinical trials in Clinical Pharmacology in line with protocol and regulatory requirements.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately perform blood pressure, pulse, weights, respiratory rate and temperature readings
- Preparation and accurate recording of ECGs/Holters
- Collection and processing of biological samples as specified in the protocol and ensures the proper distribution of those samples.
- Monitors meals to ensure dietary compliance by research participants
- Assist with screening procedures as necessary
- Assist in the preparation of rooms and medical equipment
- Maintain a clean, safe and efficient working and study environment
- Transcription of data from source documentation onto the Case Report Forms (CRFs) for simple to complex studies and QC of CRFs.
- Foster respectful relationships with study participants
- Accurately record all research data obtained or observed
- Assist with training of new staff members
- Observe study subjects for general well-being and report appropriately.
- Assist with QC of source documents and case report forms
- Maintains a basic understanding of current regulatory requirements
- Attends all required meetings, as appropriate.
- Assists, as necessary, with study procedures.
- Maintains accurate records of all work undertaken.
- Maintains skills to perform all study tasks, as required
- Maintains constant awareness of participant safety and dignity at all times.
- Handles participant complaints efficiently and effectively in order that their satisfaction is maintained.
- Ensures that client and participant confidentiality is maintained.
- Responds to client and team queries in a timely manner.
- Takes ownership for the quality and standard of own work.
- Other duties as assigned
- BS degree in related field
- Associates degree in related field and 1 year of clinical research experience may be substituted for BS degree
- High School diploma or equivalent and 1-2 years as a Clinical Research Technician I may be substituted for BS degree
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.