Study Technician Trainee-Animal Ops
Explore research careers and be a part of something bigger!
Labcorp Drug Development helps to develop new drugs, medical devices and diagnostics. Your role is vital to improving the health of family, friends and animals.
What you will be doing:
As a Study Technician Trainee you'll apply your scientific curiosity in researching the effectiveness, safety and toxicity of drugs in early development animal research studies.
- Supports general animal facility maintenance and cleanliness, and performs tasks on a variety of laboratory animals in compliance with the Animal Welfare Act, GLP, AAALAC and USDA requirements
- Learns to collect and document pertinent data including animal observations, and test material administration in compliance with appropriate protocols, SOP's, GLP's and regulatory agency guidelines. Reviews own data and identifies potential problems.
- Maintains high standards of animal room husbandry and cleanliness
- May learn to clean and sanitize various types of equipment
- Assists with technical functions in accordance with training
- May learn how to determine, document and review clinical observations, body weight data, food consumption data, environmental data, and other data on the appropriate data collection system (or by hand when necessary). Recognizes deviations from expected results and takes appropriate action
- May learn how to perform basic dosing techniques and procedures
- Reports all animal care concerns and become involved in the resolution and appropriate corrective action, as necessary
- Performs other related duties as assigned
How you will be rewarded!
Working in Madison, WI our Animal Operation Trainees:
- Pay rate: $17.50 per hour
- Full time or part time position
- Work 6 or more hours per week; can be flexible
- Work 1 weekend approximately one time per month; can be flexible
- Attend and complete training which would require full time attendance for approximately 4 weeks
- Have access to other great benefits including: personal-time-off (PTO) (pro-rated depending on start date), tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match and of course medical and dental insurance.
Access to growth opportunities
With the support ofexceptionalpeoplefrom across the globe, you'll be empowered to own your career journey with:
- Formal and informal mentoring opportunities
- Extensive training and job shadowing opportunities
- Personalized development planning
- Exposure to many drug development scientific career paths
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Actively enrolled student or previous experience in a vivarium or work with animals (1+ years)
- Previous experience in vivarium or work with animals (1+ years)
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.