Lab Tech I
Performs routine laboratory sample processing.
Follows the laboratory procedures for specimen handling and processing.
- Operates laboratory equipment.
- Recognizes deviations from expected results and follows up appropriately.
- Processes and ships PK samples according to study specific instructions.
- Performs phlebotomy as needed.
- Participates in the collection of biological specimens. Evaluates and solves problems related to the collection and processing of specimens.
- Facilitates the work flow through the laboratory to ensure completion of processing in a timely manner.
- Operates and utilizes all communications systems available in the laboratory; telephones, copiers, facsimile machines and pagers.
- Maintains and cleans laboratory equipment.
- Inventories reagents and supplies to ensure uninterrupted operations.
- Handles hazardous materials, reagents and chemicals in a safe manner in accordance to laboratory policy and procedure.
- Washes laboratory glassware and maintains general laboratory cleanliness.
- Completes special projects.
- Supports and participates in Corporate and Department initiatives regarding quality system implementation, maintenance, and continuous quality improvement activities.
Associate's Degree or equivalent.
1 1year of laboratory experience.
- Additional laboratory experience may be substituted for education requirements.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.