Receiving Shipping Servicer (1pm to 9:30pm)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
ABOUT ABBOTT DIAGNOSTICS
ABOUT ABBOTT DIAGNOSTICS
Diagnostic testing is a compass, providing information that helps in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of a range of health conditions.
Abbott's life-changing tests and diagnostic tools give you accurate, timely information to better manage your health. We're empowering smarter medical and economic decision making to help transform the way people manage their health at all stages of life. Every day, more than 10 million tests are run on Abbott's diagnostics instruments, providing lab results for millions of people.
The Lake County Distribution Center (LCDC) is the North America hub for Abbott's Diagnostic Distribution. LCDC is a state-of-the-art distribution center (DC), which encompasses 345,000 sq. feet of storage (i.e., 15C to 30C, 2C to 8C, -20C). The DC utilizes an automated pick by light system for less than case quantities along with traditional full pallet and full case processing areas. Many of the shipments are temperature controlled or hazardous requiring a high level of compliance. Value add services are provided for customers utilizing Abbott's RFID inventory management system.
Our location in North Chicago, IL (near Waukegan) currently has an opportunity for a Receiving Shipping Servicer on 2nd shift. Under direct supervision, this new team member will follow established procedures and guidelines to receive, handle, store, record, and dispatch goods in a store or warehouse.
This position will work Monday-Friday 1pm-9:30 pm
WHAT YOU'LL DO
· The primary functions of this job include but are not limited to inspecting and receiving diagnostic products into various WMS (Warehouse Management System).
· Put away of diagnostic products into a designated location.
· Perform picking; order assembly; packaging and labeling of diagnostic products for shipment to affiliates and end customers.
· Utilization of forklifts and various other material handling equipment to unload/load trailers and move product throughout the warehouse.
· Warehouse working conditions vary from -20C freezer; 2C to 8C cooler and 15C to 30C. High bay area requires stocking and picking in equipment that reaches 40' in height.
The Receiving Shipping Servicer is responsible for:
· Implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
· Operation of forklifts, which includes unloading and loading of trailers.
· Inspect incoming product for damage and verify against the shipping manifest for accuracy.
· Utilization of multiple computer systems to accurately process receipts; put away; picks; replenishment.
· Elevate inventory discrepancies to inventory control or management for resolution.
· Effectively work with QA organizations to disposition incoming product.
· Packaging and labeling of customer orders which require heavy lifting and standing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU'LL BRING
· High School degree or GED. Incumbent must be able to perform basic math; read; understand and make decisions based upon written operating procedures.
· Must have good hand eye coordination and general math and reasoning skills.
· Basic computer knowledge for data input and making decisions related to inventory part, lot, and quantity.
· Previous forklift experience and the ability to meet Abbott requirements for obtaining forklift certification.
· Experience working in a dynamic environment with frequent changes to priorities.
· Experience with warehouse management systems.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
· A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
· Production areas that are clean, well-lit, and temperature-controlled
· Training and career development , with on-boarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
· Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives, and retirement plans
· Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness, and occupational health programs
· Paid time off
· 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
· The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com , on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.