Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
- Leads a cross functional team in the development of new products. Finds solutions to complex product development problems
- Develops system level design documentation and requirements specification, working with marketing, engineering, and other stakeholders
- Provides specialized functions such as algorithm development, user interface development, chemical process development or data analysis methodology.
- Develops and follows specialized procedures in executing experiments, evaluation and documentation of results Develops working relationships with cross functional groups.
- Lead/perform product definition, system architecture, requirements writing, requirements management, requirements analysis, risk analysis, hazard analysis, product test and evaluation, System V & V, and/or design control documentation.
- Develop design processes.
- Lead, design and conduct system level characterization/verification of complex systems.
- Collect, organize, analyze, and document test results.
- Integrate analytical and performance related elements with software, hardware, and electronics system components. 5.Communicate effectively and participate on cross functional development teams with good negotiating skills to direct multi-disciplinary teams toward solutions.
- Responsible for utilizing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Failure to properly define requirements, integrate all systems, verify/validate requirements could result in product introduction delays and quality issues.
- BS in engineering or physical science or related field or equivalent. MS degree preferred.
- 8 yrs product development experience in Engineering or physical science.
- Experience in general engineering/science principals and laboratory skills Strong knowledge of defined development process that is consistent with ISO, FDA design control standards or requirements.
- Experienced in one or more of the following: Electro-mechanical, software, mathematical, chemical or biochemical technologies as they pertain to the design, integration, evaluation and commercialization of diagnostic systems
- Ability to work on many subjects concurrently