Customer Solutions Specialist
Laurel 3 (17304), United States of America, Laurel, Maryland
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Customer Solutions Specialist
**Must live no more than 60 miles from Laurel, MD**
Are you looking for a challenging role that includes the convenience of working virtually at home? Are you a reliable, highly self-motivated individual? Do you genuinely care about helping customers?
Then a Capital One Virtual Servicing role may be the role for you!
To ensure productivity in a home environment, applicants must meet the space and technology requirements outlined below.
Work at Home Technology Requirements:
- A secure home office environment that is free from background noise and distractions of any kind
- A reliable high-speed broadband Internet service provider (ISP):
- Dial up or Satellite Internet service providers are not sufficient
- ISP must be hardwired (Wifi prohibited) and must be used for Capital One purposes only during your schedule and would need to be in place at start of employment
- The ISP speed/bandwidth must be 5 megabytes per second (minimum required) or higher (10+ preferred). Please contact your ISP for confirmation. Check your internet service provider speed/bandwidth at http://www.speedtest.net/
We are reimagining Banking and it all starts with YOU:
We believe banking should fit our customers’ everyday lives — not the other way around. As a Customer Solutions Specialist, you’ll have the opportunity to use your love of working with people and sharing product knowledge to play a vital role in helping our customers’ banking experience over the phone. You’ll talk to our customers when they call in about existing or opening new accounts. Our team exists to enhance the financial lives of customers by helping with essential account setup procedures, helping customers understand our online banking features, and making them comfortable with our products. We’re not just looking to fill open positions. We seek determined, passionate people who really want to be a part of this whole reimagined banking experience.
Here’s what we’re looking for in you:
- You’re friendly, engaging and can connect with customers. Yep, you’re a people person - whether you’re helping folks with technology challenges, having casual conversations, or simply walking our customers through some of the cool services and products we offer online.
- You are passionate about helping customers and will be able to reduce customer financial anxiety by helping to determine personal financial needs. You’ll stay up to date on product changes and features to help guide your customers on their financial journey. You’ll respond and answer customer inquiries with the intent of enhancing customer retention and engagement by leveraging various tools and channels to recommend appropriate solutions.
- You’re aware of the importance of compliance when working at a bank. You’ll ensure essential account setup procedures are followed, explain important security questions, uphold, and share critical customer guarantees.
- You’re naturally curious and like to learn. We’ll teach you what Capital One has to offer our customers in products, services and experiences to help guide them in the right direction toward their financial goals.
- You’re digitally savvy. You’ll guide customers on what’s possible online and explain how to easily navigate our mobile and online experience. Take an active role in educating customers on other banking channels as well as other products and services.
- You’re a team player. You will have the opportunity to work with an energized team of banking professionals and will help inspire your teammates as they inspire you.
- You're flexible. When customers call, you'll be there. Your starting schedule will most likely include evening and weekend shifts.
- You like the idea of growing your career with Capital One and eventually exploring other opportunities as you seek new challenges.
If you’re nodding along and like what you’re reading, let’s talk.
Basic Qualifications :
- High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent Certification
Preferred Qualifications :
- At least 1 year of experience in customer service
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).